WD HD Media Player

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robferguson

Reaction score
Hello,
I am fairly new to the site. I purchased a pair of Prodigys about 4 months ago. I am powering with an Adcom 585 amp and using an Onkyo TX 805 HT receiver for surround and as a preamp. I am also using 2 Velodyne HGS 18s for subs. I wanted to rip all my cds to an external hard drive adn them play it thru my receiver. I began riping them into wav files to get the best sound, to my laptop with windows media player. I them copy them to teh hard drive, which is a terra bite in size. I discovered the WD Media Player that will decode the info and send it by HDMI to my receiver. I have experienced only a few cds that recorded to loud and were slightly distorted on some songs. Otherwise it seems ok. Am I loosing anything by using Windows or this $100 media player? It seems to the best $100 box yet as I can pulll files from many sources or internet media.

Also, I have a large listening room/ family room. I have my subs crossed at 50-60hz due to the large driver size. Do you pros think this is a good point?

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
Back