Washed my Ascent panels...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbill

Reaction score
When I pulled the panel wine dripped out from the bottom. So hopefully that was the problem

So I washed both panels and swapped them so I can see if it is a faulty panel.

I used a hair dryer to expedite the drying process. How long should I wait before I power them up?

How'd that get in there? Must've had a real good New Year's Eve party at the house!

There's a sticky about washing the panels. I'd also be VERY cautious with using a blow dryer (I actually wouldn't use it myself). Excessive heat could deform or even melt away the mylar. So have it at the low setting, agood distance away from the panel, and keep moving it back and forth instead of staying in one spot. I guess you already used the dryer, so hope all is well. But thought I'd mention this anyhow, in case someone else decides to try it.

Everything worked out fine. I was very careful with the dryer, moving it constantly and flipping the panels in all directions. Actually Scott Gribble with ML suggested the dryer.

Very good, a hairdryer isnt powerful enough to melt anything.

Back