Vista Owners - Woofer Cabinet Glued Together??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toppgunn

Reaction score
As I was cleaning my Vista's I felt a seem line on the side of the woofer box. I tipped the speaker to have a closer look at the box and sure enough noticed a line going side of the box.

I checked the other side of the same speaker and same line was present. The line should be pretty visible. If you look at the wood grain pattern you will notice a line going from the front of the speaker to the back on both sides.

To me this seems like the top half of the woofer box is glued to the bottom half.

* Would other Vista Owners please check to see if their woofer boxes are glued together as well. The line should be visible on the upper half of the woofer box.

I don't have my speakers handy because I'm at work, but it is more likely a join in the veneer.

Why would two pieces of wood be glued together when it would be easier/cheaper/better to have a single piece? Doesn't make sense to me, and I can fairly confidently say that this is NOT the case.

Thank you for the video Roberto. The line that I am talking about is at 2:17 on the video.

Makes more sense after watching the video. I suppose the line I see and feel is where the seems of the box are glued together. The line is definitely not part of the natural wood grain pattern.

I'm not too happy with the workmanship on these Vistas. Purchased in December 2011 from Amazon and already had to replace the entire back panel that has the port/ crossovers speaker connections because the glue and zip ties holding the power supply came off leaving glue crumbs all over the inside of the woofer box.

The glue holding the other tall white capicators are also losing their integrity. Also, the woofer had to be replaced. In comparison the same power supply on my Aeon i's are held in place by a plastic cap which is screwed into the board - no chance for it to fall off unlike the Vista's.

I love the Vista's - the sound quality and Martin Logan customer support - provided all replacement parts free. I guess I am just disappointed at the build quality - woofer box made in China and it shows. :(

I sold the Vista's and decided to get Vantages or higher.

Like Roberto said, get the Ethos - they're great loudspeakers.

Back