vantage with MIT biwire cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerius007

Reaction score
My Vantages should be here by Friday and I was wondering how others here have their powered logans wired. I have MIT T2 Biwire cables on the Vistas and really dont think I will get any benefit from having them on the Vantages. New I think they were around $700 so I may sell them and get a pair of single cables, or I may just put them on the Aerius i's I have in the HT setup.

What do you pros think?

Try it both ways

There's a pretty easy way to find out. After the speaker is broken in, listen with your MIT's biwired to the speaker panel and woofer terminals and then with "one" pair hooked up to the Vantage panel speaker terminals and a reasonably good "jumper" wire going from the panel terminals to the woofer terminals. Do not use the "jumper clips" supplied with the speaker for this test. As many have stated on this forum, they will degrade the sound.

Good luck.

GG

My Vantages should be here by Friday and I was wondering how others here have their powered logans wired. I have MIT T2 Biwire cables on the Vistas and really dont think I will get any benefit from having them on the Vantages. New I think they were around $700 so I may sell them and get a pair of single cables, or I may just put them on the Aerius i's I have in the HT setup.

What do you pros think?

Had Transpanrent bi-wires on my Ascents. When I got Summits the bi-wires proved to be no advantage. Now using AudioQuest single-wire Mont Blanc. These allow the Summits to fulfill their potential. I moved the Transparents to another system.

PS: I used AQ silver jumpers. Frankly, I did not think they made a big difference.

Back