Vantage - Upgrade?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I really have loved my 5.1 ML HT. It truly has been my favorite Speaker System I have ever owned. Prior to my current setup, I was using Paradigm Studio 100 V2's, Studio CC, Studio ADP V2, and Paradigm Servo 15.

The biggest surprise is just how dynamic the HT is with the ML's. I do think it helps that I use very powerful Amplifiers, but it simply sounds stunning. As far as the Front Stage goes, I do think the inclusion of the Stage as opposed to running a Phantom Setup (no Center Channel) has helped to widen the Sweet Spot. Also, Audyssey MultEQ XT has been quite beneficial as well along with proper positioning of all Speakers.
Cheers,
JJ

I meant two people sitting very close.

Sounds like the spire gets you a bit more sweet spot but not much more.

I have a feeling that if my room were a bit wider, the spot could grow a little bit more. My room is barely 12 foot wide and I think it hems in my speakers.

Gordon

HAHA! The flashlight strapped to the head. My wife loved that one. I also have them tilted up at 89 degrees, perfectly level and perpendicular. Went a bit over the top on that:eek: I've also used a laser range finder to measure distance from all datum points to within 1/16 inch. :eek::eek:

All those settings and measurements were made from the singular sweet spot. I imagine if I were to split it into a 2 person spot, they would be different, but maybe not since the singular spot is in the center of a 2 person spot.

Gordon

Back