UV/Ionizer - Air purifier - Near Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhijit

Reaction score
Will the UV/Ionizer Air Filter affect the performance of Summit or harm the speakers? It is kept about 7 feet away from the speakers. Although the apt. is centrally A/C, I noticed dust particles specially during heavy dust storms in Kuwait.

Will the UV/Ionizer Air Filter affect the performance of Summit or harm the speakers? It is kept about 7 feet away from the speakers. Although the apt. is centrally A/C, I noticed dust particles specially during heavy dust storms in Kuwait.

If anything, this should be good as it will keep impurities from the panel.

I will not editorialize, I will not editorialize

Let's try a little 9th grade physical science. I don't know of any unit's manufacturer foolish enough to let UV escape the cleaner when in normal use so this shouldn't be a problem. The ionizer part is going to give a negative charge to the particulates within its effective range. Now if your commitment to keeping(filter, collector plate, gym shorts) clean lags sometime the amount of particulates available to attach to something with a positive charge will increase. So you got anything with a positive charge near by?

If we are to believe Mr. Oreck, Richard Thalhiemer and the internet these little wonders are suppose to do everything except improve our sex lives.

I am in complete awe of the power of marketing.

Adrian

Now if your commitment to keeping(filter, collector plate, gym shorts) clean lags sometime the amount of particulates available to attach to something with a positive charge will increase. So you got anything with a positive charge near by?

Adrian

Purely stipulation on Adrian's part... but he does bring up a good point. This may have a detrimental effect on... *gulp*... the Summits. :eek:

Whoops, so i guess that i should turn off the ionizer part and leave the fan going?? I thought that these ionizers were marketing hype and does nothing.

Whoops, so i guess that i should turn off the ionizer part and leave the fan going?? I thought that these ionizers were marketing hype and does nothing.

Dunno.. this was merely speculation.

I would error toward not having anything near the summits that may damage them over time... you made a huge investment on the speakers... why chance it?

Back