Using REL subwoofers with Electromotion speakers in 2.1 setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikalaka

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about to try out a Rel R-328 subwoofer, and reading about how to connect it best they recommend the high level connection, however I've read that you should not do that if the speakers are "powered". I'm assuming that means the electromotions can't be set up this way since they are powered?

Is there anyone here using a Rel subwoofer setup?

Mika

Hola. The Electromotions are not powered. There is no power amplifier built in. The models that are powered are: Vantage, Ethos, Montis, Summit and Spires. The Electromotions, Vista, Theos are not powered models. Use standard connection for the sub.
Happy listening!

Oh - thank you. So what is the power output on the back of each speaker for? Is that just for the electrostatic part, and there is no amplifier inside?

The power that you are talking about, is for the electricity for the panels. Remember, these speakers are electrostatics. You need to plug them from the mains AC to have the magnetic field at the stators. The Electromotions do not have self powered woffers. The Ethos are the smaller model to have built in amp, and their retail price is about $ 7K. Happy listening

I use REL with Vista

I connect by using their cable at speaker output without problem

Back