Tube60 been away awhile.....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Hi all
I haven't posted for a long time! I've done a little lurking and that's about it. Last August 8th, my mother passed away and it was very sudden; some sort of cardiovascular event and she was gone in the blink of an eye..... it happened right in front of me. I was there to take her to the doctor when it occurred. She was kept on life support but by the time the rest of the family was there, we only had enough time to say goodbye. Thank God she never knew a thing about it.
Anyway, since then I've been really busy wrapping things up, and I've had little time for anything else, although I'm nearly done with a nice little amplifier I started building over Christmas holiday. When it's done I'll post it for sale here, so Club members will have first dibs. It's a 6L6GC based design, with 6SN7s for the front end, and employing a circuit design that's dirt simple! I think it's going to sound awesome, and it'll have enough power to drive small 'stats like the Aerius. Heck, it'll probably drive my Sequels!
So, there you go. I just wanted to let you all know I'm still around..... just a little busy with a sad event.....:sad:

My sincere condolences. It is interesting how the vagaries of life serve to put things in their proper perspective.

Hi all
I haven't posted for a long time! I've done a little lurking and that's about it. Last August 8th, my mother passed away and it was very sudden; some sort of cardiovascular event and she was gone in the blink of an eye..... it happened right in front of me. I was there to take her to the doctor when it occurred. She was kept on life support but by the time the rest of the family was there, we only had enough time to say goodbye. Thank God she never knew a thing about it.
Anyway, since then I've been really busy wrapping things up, and I've had little time for anything else, although I'm nearly done with a nice little amplifier I started building over Christmas holiday. When it's done I'll post it for sale here, so Club members will have first dibs. It's a 6L6GC based design, with 6SN7s for the front end, and employing a circuit design that's dirt simple! I think it's going to sound awesome, and it'll have enough power to drive small 'stats like the Aerius. Heck, it'll probably drive my Sequels!
So, there you go. I just wanted to let you all know I'm still around..... just a little busy with a sad event.....:sad:

Same with Risabet, sorry about your mom,...regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Tube60,

Sorry about your loss of your mom. Unfortnatley it is true that time will heal all wounds and this heal will too. I am have dealt with the loss of my mother many years ago and now doing the same for my father.

Glad to see your are still around. Welcome back!

Jeff:cool:

Sorry for the sudden loss of your mom. I lost my dad a little over a year ago, but we were well prepared for that and I was able to spend a lot of great time with him before he went.

Monday night I was driving my mom back from Astor on 95 just south of Daytona when a wheel came off a big truck going the other direction and it crossed the medium and crashed head on into us in the left lane. It just popped up in front of me and we crashed into it in less than a second! Still going around 70 I had to get the airbags out of my face, hit the emergency flashers, get over into the right lane as cars are passing me,check on my mom, get over the overpass and wrestle a dead car off the side of the road.

Life can be quick. Love the ones you have.

Satch

My condolences with regards to your mother, I hope the best for her and your family. Keep your chin up and let us know if we can help you in any way we can.

Welcome back and keep chugging with your amps.

"Tube60", As the others have said, sorry for your loss. May your memories brighten the days that follow and help to provide comfort.

Welcome back, we look forward to talk'in "Logans" !

Thanks all for the kind words and comments. I'm getting through each day as they come, and that's about it. My amplifier I described is coming along nicely, and soon I'll be able to start some low-power tests to make sure I didn't mess anything up. It's giving me something to focus on, which is helping a whole lot. And life goes on.....:bowdown:

Back