Tube Amp For Vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikroski

Reaction score
Any one try Cary SLI80 (40W) or Audio Research VSi55 (50W) with Vantage?

I'm not sure that both amps have enough power to drive speaker especially when play classical music. My room is 3 x 5 m.

Any input would be very appreciate.

Thank you very much

I've no experience with any of those models, but I did have a pair of Vantages here for a week. My 70W PrimaLuna ProLogue 7s drove them very well!

I second the Prima Lunas with the 2 ohm tap.
Also the BAT VK-55SE works well... Same thing,
use the low impedance tap!

Thanks for input.:bowdown:

Unfortunately, there is no distributor for BAT here. I will check with Primaluna Prologue 7 and 3 at store. Anyhow, I still prefer integrated amp to pre-power.

Another thing, it stated in Cary web site that SLI80 is "40 Watts per channel in Class A Triode mode" is this mean pure class A? Second, they only has 8 and 4 ohm selector (no 2 ohm), not sure this is good for Vantage :confused:

If you are going integrated, can you get Air Tight where you live?

Also, though it's not tubes, the Luxman L-590II A is 30wpc class A solid
state and is the most "tube like" integrated I've ever heard....

If you are going integrated, can you get Air Tight where you live?

Also, though it's not tubes, the Luxman L-590II A is 30wpc class A solid
state and is the most "tube like" integrated I've ever heard....
Neither Air Tight nor Luxman available here:(

Anyhow, I lucky enough that I appoint for demo Vantage with Primaluna Pre-Power this Friday.

After listen to Vantage with

1. Pre+Pro Primalunar and compare with
2. Krell 400

It's make me more difficult to make decision. :confused:

I love tube for vocal album, but prefer Krell when listen to jazz and new age.

Attachments

• OJ2E7156.JPG
    OJ2E7156.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 381
Electrocompaniet amp's house sound is very "tube like" for being solid state.

If you want a "tube" or warm sound while retaining some of the dynamics of solid state you may want to consider a hybrid integrated. I am using a Shanling A3000 hybrid with SL3s and I really like the combination. I tried hybrids after using integrated tube amps (Primaluna Prologue 1 & 2). I have had experience with Pathos Classic, Unison Research Unico and now the Shanling. I like having tubes somewhere in my system and this fits the bill for me. In each of these the tubes are in the preamp section and the amplifier section is solid state.

Thanks for all suggestions :bowdown:

I think I would try integrated amp BAT VK300 or Musical Fidelity A1008 :music:

arc amps mate very well with martin logans,i would try vs110, ref110,vm220 ref 210 or larger,i run prodigy,s with arc ref 600mkIII monoblocks and they sound magic,regards vic:D

Back