Toshiba TV dead. Need help.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Field update.

Panny set up on Thursday.

All I can say is that this has been the best "had to" purchase I've made in a long time.

Video settings seem to vital to maximizing picture performance. But, I suppose, that should be no surprise.

THX settings are quite good but I think I prefer the "custom" set up parameters published in the "plasmatvbuyingguide" review of the TV.

GG
Glad you're enjoying it, Gordon. FYI, I haven't gone back to the THX settings from the PTVBG, yet.

Here's the AVS settings thread, for future experimentation.

If you go for an ISF calibration, make sure the calibrator has a good rep as not all ISF certified guys are created equal.

Ken

If you go for an ISF calibration, make sure the calibrator has a good rep as not all ISF certified guys are created equal.

Ken

Agreed! I did a little research before I hired my tech to calibrate my tv. He did an EXCELLENT job, but Ken is right...

Hey Dave,

My dog really likes the dog house! I'll even give you a milk bone every night, like I do with Dude. And if you really behave yourself, I'll also give you a bacon flavored chewie.

On a more serious note, just spoke with an ISF tech.

He suggested to log 150 to 200 hours on the set before calibration.

Sound about right?

GG

Back