Too close to amp?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeb

Reaction score
hiya, I'm a bit cramped for space unless I rearrange furniture (again). my current configuration is more user friendly but my amp is only about a foot away from my Summit. I wonder if that's too close for comfort?
jb

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 278
If there's a reason that proximity to the amp matters, I don't know it. I suppose they'd have done a bad job of it by stuffing an amp in each speaker if there is. :)

Their fine.

The amp is fine where it is.Alot people will run longer interconnects and shorter speaker cable.It is usually quite a bit cheaper than the other way around.

Other than aesthetics I think not. It look as if you have adequete ventilation.

Also as Tom said, put your system specs together and post it in the members section when you get a chance.

In my much smaller room I used to have a slight amount of hum induced by the proximity of my pre-amp (yeah, the BAT's have two rather large torroidal transformers in the front corners of the chassis). If I moved my ReQuests in toward the center about a foot further away from the pre-amp the hum would disappear, if I moved them back it would re-appear. For some reason this has been a non-issue with the CLS's.

If you don't have any audible hum I don't think you have anything to worry about.

hiya, I'm a bit cramped for space unless I rearrange furniture (again). my current configuration is more user friendly but my amp is only about a foot away from my Summit. I wonder if that's too close for comfort?
jb

I guess the only real way to know is to test it out and see what happens.

While auditioning a Parasound Halo power amp. I located it about a foot or so from the side of one of my Summit's. I did get a noticible hum from the panel. Once I moved it further away, the hum went away. I would have to say it does matter, so best to just experiment.

Good luck!

JM

so far, no problems, no hum or feedback. Looking good, think I'll post better pics in "Member Sytems" as suggested, (sorry, I'm still a newbie) But I gotta tell you, the more I listen to these, the more I love them, my BW's where pale in comparison.
jb

Back