Thiel now at Audio Advisor

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCH

Reaction score
I got an email message announcing that Audio Advisor is now selling the Thiel line. I suppose I can understand what Thiel stands to gain by this move, but I have to feel sorry for their dealers. I know we have several audio retailers on this board, although I don't know if they carry Thiel along with ML. In any case, what do you think of this change?

I think these are tough economic times! Thiel has a desire to stay in business and in order to do that they need to sell boxes. Audio Advisor will give them much greater exposure among the non-audiophile population and thus a broader consumer base to generate sales from.

Naturally, I assumed that their reasoning was as you described, but it does put their longstanding dealers in a bind. I know at least one dealer who is not going to be happy auditioning Thiel speakers so that they can be bought on line from someone else. 'Certainly pulls the rug out from under regional distribution restrictions. I guess you could argue that he can match Audio Advisor's price and policies (assuming he knows that the customer is looking on line) and use this new situation as a plus. (Even so, he is going to have charge tax, and how many dealers can afford to match AA's 30 day return policy?) On the other hand, it is a coup for AA.

Any dealers care to comment?

Last edited:
Crutchfield has sold them for a while now.

They have been selling them for quite some time now.Maybe this is a way to keep from raising their prices like everyone else.

Somehow I missed that. I guess I don't pay that much attention to Crutchfield. Thiel's presence there means that they have jumped into on-line sales with both feet. I guess that's the way it's going to be. 'Still makes me wonder how their local dealers are going to survive.

I own and operate my own retail store and sometimes the no tax online is sometimes a deal breaker yup the margins get that thin:eek: I under no circumstances think people need to be taxed any more than they already are but when I loose a sale because my local government is that greedy it really makes me mad.

when I loose a sale because my local government is that greedy it really makes me mad.

Local government has been charging sales tax for a long time before the internet even existed. What is blatently unfair is that internet sales are exempt from sales tax.

Local government has been charging sales tax for a long time before the internet even existed. What is blatently unfair is that internet sales are exempt from sales tax.

I really think the percentage they force us to charge is an outrage at 7.5% the politicians in this state are as crooked as they get that money just goes into their pockets a lot of fluff jobs for their friends and BS road projects! at least Martin Logan seems to only sell their high end stuff to only store dealers. I do not know if many people have thought about this but I think tweeter was a huge asset to Logan I bet they sold a lot of speakers even though they where not the high end dealer many of you like to use they seem to have brought Martin Logan to they masses. if to many of these outlets go away and are not replaced Logan may also be forced to sell even the CLX via the internet although I hope this never happens.

Back