The Twins are finally together in my system!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamo

Reaction score
Right now while I'm waiting for the second pair of Atlonas to come in I am running them in bridged formation with Audio Quest Type 8 bi wire set up. All I can say is Damn 1200 WPC gives more dynamic headroom and 3d Imaging than one could ever hope for.
Sounds like heaven. I've even moved my subs into more productive places and all I can say is that I brought reference 2ch to a new level in this room and theater is scary! Talk about Feeling the subs and not hearing them....a gun shot impacts your chest like you were getting shot now! I'm diggin it ;D Now when my Benchmark DAC1 gets here I'll do an A/B to see if my trivista TubeDAC is better or if the SS DAC is better in my system. I'm perceiving sonic bliss right now! So much so that I passed up going out to just hang out and listen to some tunes and watch Collateral :cool:
Here's a pic of the new set up....I'll tighty it up soon. one question though...why would one amp run warmer than the other? The left one is significantly warmer to the touch than the right one that just came back from Classe.

The TWINS:
DSCN1747-1.jpg

The new front soundstage:
DSCN1746.jpg

From the Sweet Spot:
DSCN1748.jpg

:music::rocker:

Last edited:
anytime...except this weekend as the wife has invited some of her friends out for the weekend with their significant others. I asked why she didn't invite her single friends so that I could have some down time...but no such luck. I'm definitely going to need your second set of ears though. I ordered the Benchmark DAC so that should be here next week and the other set of speaker cables should be down here tomorrow. So when you come over we'll have A/B heaven. SS Vs Tube Dac that costs multiples of the Benchmark. A CDP if you bring it, and the different speaker cables. Should be a good weekend!
Adam

. one question though...why would one amp run warmer than the other? The left one is significantly warmer to the touch than the right one that just came back from Classe.

The bias is set higher in one than the other. This could have happened in several ways. Unless there is a significant difference in sound, I wouldn't worry

The bias is set higher in one than the other. This could have happened in several ways. Unless there is a significant difference in sound, I wouldn't worry

Well that stinks...however there is no discernable sonic difference to my ears at all. I'll wait to get Erik down here for a second opinion though.

Adam-
Hey its Nik from Emotiva site! Setup is still looking great! Are you still waiting on the XPA-2? I talked to Nick at Emotiva and he has talked me into getting dual XPA-1s when they are released since he said running the XPA-2 in bridged mode would limit then power supply (or something like that- not quite in those words).
Nik

Hey Nik!
I actually may audition two Monos like you are. I don't think the "2"s are fully balanced, so it may leverage the power supply to bridge them (not limit, but actually max them out). The mono's should have insane headroom! I am curious as to how they will stack up against the Classe's. These amps are fully balanced and sound quite nice. :bowdown:

I bet they do! It sucks being on a budget! I am very interested in hearing how the mono blocks do if you get them! (And if you get them and don't like them I would buy them off you if need be ;) )
Nik

Them are the nicest set of twins I have seen since Pam Anderson's !

nice twins... and dare I say they are on nice racks. I have the same VTI amp stand for my X250

rock on with your bad self! :rocker:

anytime...except this weekend as the wife has invited some of her friends out for the weekend with their significant others. I asked why she didn't invite her single friends so that I could have some down time...but no such luck. I'm definitely going to need your second set of ears though. I ordered the Benchmark DAC so that should be here next week and the other set of speaker cables should be down here tomorrow. So when you come over we'll have A/B heaven. SS Vs Tube Dac that costs multiples of the Benchmark. A CDP if you bring it, and the different speaker cables. Should be a good weekend!
Adam

Aye. Perhaps next weekend?

Erik

Thanks Guys! Yeah, not quite as nice as Pam back in the bay watch days....but a nice set of twins to be sure :D I just took some pictures of the system so I'll post some of the whole room probably tomorrow and set up my member system! Erik. I'll PM you my cell. this weekend will probably be fine.
Tom, I like the non-distracting look of the VTIs. Solid build, not over the top expensive and it does the job in style. I'm sure that Pass is giving you endless hours of enjoyment!
Cheers!
Adam

Back