The Stage has just pulled in!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rondog32837

I bought a Stage yesterday, to go with my pair of Vantages and Depth. Everything was going great until I took a break to watch Tiger. At some point in the show, I noticed the Stage had stopped working. A frantic check of all the cables revealed nothing had slipped. Periodically, the sound came back. I finally switched the speaker input to my Yamaha receiver and the problem went away. My Rotel 1095 has let me down. I called the dealer today and he is going to swap it out with a new one, as soon as Rotel ships it. The salesman said he had the same thing happen to him this weekend and is going the same route. I asked if the Stage had put too much stress on the amp because of the low impedance, but he assured me the Rotel was fully capable of handling the Logans, since it had been designed to work well with B & W, which also has low impedance. So I wait to audition my few SACDs - I want to experience the full capability that ML offers.

Weird...my Denon AVR4306 has been powering the Stage and Vantages without breaking a sweat. It gets warm though after about 3 hours, but the internal amp(s) has been flawless.

My next mod though is gonna be a Sunfire or Anthem amp if i can ever convince my wife...which could take a while!:(

How do you like the Stage/Vantage combo? The only thing better would be with Summits, but they are overkill for my house.

How do you like the Stage/Vantage combo? The only thing better would be with Summits, but they are overkill for my house.

Same for me...my room is only 16x11...it would be a bit too much for my small room. I FREAKING LOVE MY MLs!! I do like the Stage and Vantage combo very much.

Same for me...my room is only 16x11...it would be a bit too much for my small room.

My room is 14 x 11, I just upgraded Vistas and Cinema to Summits and Stage, The sound is awesome. If you have the Summits close then you need to tilt them forward to get the imaging right.

I LOVE my new Stage, big improvement over the Cinema (which is a fine speaker).

Same for me...my room is only 16x11...

I disagree... TOO MUCH is NEVER enough! LOL! Seriously though, you don't HAVE to turn them all the way up! I think this argument was pretty good for the older speakers as Prodigy are HUGE by comparison to Ascent, but with the current line up they are all pretty close in size and WAY smaller than Prodigy!

Back