The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind comments, guys! If anyone is ever in the Kelowna, BC area, by all means stop by for a listening session! :music:

I'll play along Justin!

If I had the dough I'd really like to lay my hands on one of these tables - a TW Acoustics Raven - this one with provision for 4 tonearms!

And for real pie in the sky type stuff, I still think one of, if not THE best system I've ever heard was this one from RMAF this fall featuring Boulder and Aesthetix electronics with the Clearaudio Statement turntable and the Focal Grande Utopia EM speakers. Easily over a half MILLION $ worth of equipment shown here.

Come on Santa - I've been a GOOD boy!

Yeah tim, that is a real tasty setup. Give me some gravy!!! Like the rack with the gold look of the gear. And the speakers look like they are ready to bust off the page.

Congratulations.

Dandy warhols,

I do not believe I`m taking a leap here, but visually, i don`t believe there are any speakers as stunning looking (especially in person) as the MBL`s. I saw them at HE2007 here in new york, and they were unbelievable. Both sonically and visually.

Dandy warhols,

I do not believe I`m taking a leap here, but visually, i don`t believe there are any speakers as stunning looking (especially in person) as the MBL`s. I saw them at HE2007 here in new york, and they were unbelievable. Both sonically and visually.

McIntosh - it's User211 (Justin) actually, but yeah, we all seem to think the MBLs are pretty cool here. Well, no one has said otherwise so far that I have seen.

Need some more "tasty" pics, really. Come on you guys - post some more!

Oh OK - I'll do it...:)

A bit long in the tooth, but still very cool after all these years. I wonder how good these really were. I remember a review years ago about these - a visit to Absolute Sounds importer Ricardo Franassovici's system, who owned a pair.

I think the reviewer stated the his wife said "for that price, I expect to hear the voice of God!":D

He had a cool system anyway, including a Marantz 10B. Think it was driven by Krell KSA series amps, but I can't be sure I have remembered correctly.

Ricardo was in the room at one stage when I was listening to the CLX in the London debut:cool:

The pic is from the ML website - couldn't find one elsewhere on the web. Wish I had the original article as it had a huge pic of the system. If anyone has one of a real system including it, please post!

Attachments

• statement.jpg
    statement.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,198
Oh OK - I'll do it...:)

A bit long in the tooth, but still very cool after all these years. I wonder how good these really were. I remember a review years ago about these - a visit to Absolute Sounds importer Ricardo Franassovici's system, who owned a pair.

I think the reviewer stated the his wife said "for that price, I expect to hear the voice of God!":D

He had a cool system anyway, including a Marantz 10B. Think it was driven by Krell KSA series amps, but I can't be sure I have remembered correctly.

Ricardo was in the room at one stage when I was listening to the CLX in the London debut:cool:
Ill bet it was a HUGE soundstage
The pic is from the ML website - couldn't find one elsewhere on the web. Wish I had the original article as it had a huge pic of the system. If anyone has one of a real system including it, please post!

I bet they threw a HUGE sound stage ! I also think you would need a ware house full of Krells to run them.( Seems like most did run them with Krells, ) Along with the ware house room. Those things ate amplifiers like Rice Crispies. SNAP <CRACKLE <POP...... IIRC Fabio had a full Krell Statement system . http://www.transparentcable.com/products/reviews/full_reviews/ref_scottwilkinson_avinteriors.html

I asked Jim Power at ML about them and if anybody needed new panels what would they do. It was a :D:confused:look. He said the hardest part was making 2 panels that were withing +-1 DB of each other. Sometimes they made 6 or 7 to get one pair.

Seeing RichTeer's SWEET Forsell spinner made me think of another thing I've drooled over for years. I'd love to have the dough to add one of these lovely Walker Proscinium decks to my rig.

Attachments

• Walker-room7224.jpg
    Walker-room7224.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,697
C.A.P - can you correct that post - I wanna see what's at the link. Thanks.

Nice TT Tim. And a new one on me - never seen it. And I thought I had consumed all available TT knowledge! Tut tut - back to school for me:D

It's nice, Tim. I have never heard of Walker TTs before, they get zero coverage over here, I think I am safe in saying.

Anyway, this is tastier, I think. I was going to post an original Goldmund Reference picture from 1983, but the one on the Goldmund site sucks for quality. Instead, then, we have the nicer looking Reference II. Really, very nice indeed...

Attachments

• goldmund.jpg
    goldmund.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,397
And another view for good measure. So good an arm or cartridge really isn't required. Just sit, stare, and lust:)!

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone on MLOC. The New Year has been and gone here...

I say free Goldmund Reference IIs to everyone in the New Year... if only:)!

Attachments

• gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,410
Last edited:
I think the Chord stuff is good-looking.

Attachments

• chord.jpg
    chord.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,130
Classic

The SpJ La Luce CS Centoventi. Ya gotta love this one. And yes guys, designed by a woman.

I think this table was in the Tomb Raider movie.

Doug - out

Attachments

• turntable.jpg
    turntable.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,505
WOW! This thread has really picked up! Love the iPod dock and that Goldmund TT! SA-WEET!

The Metronome Technologie Kalista transport which I auditioned together with the CLX

Oracle CD Player

Love the space ship styling.

Attachments

• Oracle.jpg
    Oracle.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,436
Back