The Positive Hillary/Donald Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry couldn't resist. A tranny in the bathroom :)

trannyBathroom.jpg

^^^I don't care who you are, that's some funny $hit!!! ^^^ Thanks bud!!

Hookay, let's hear from the Hillary camp after watching the FBI director Comey getting grilled today.

I assume everyone has forgotten Bengazi (watch the movie 13 hours), she got away with that, funny how the Democrats are stepping up to denounce her now!! Bless Them!!

Hookay, let's hear from the Hillary camp after watching the FBI director Comey getting grilled today.

I assume everyone has forgotten Bengazi (watch the movie 13 hours), she got away with that, funny how the Democrats are stepping up to denounce her now!! Bless Them!!

Hi stuwee,

What exactly do you want to hear?

RE Bengazi. After eight hearings / investigations regarding this incident, can you please tell me what she got away with that those investigations didn't uncover?

RE FBI Investigation. I assume all Hillary haters will believe nothing regarding any investigations regardless of the entity doing the investigations. So if you think Hillary has the FBI in her pocket and they acted in a biased manner, so be it.

Best,

Gordon

Well Gordon, I guess I'm an ******* for believing that she had nothing to do Bengazi, I don't care if she was cleared of charges, who paid who off? Now we have the private server in the basement sending classified info for the world of hackers to access...I asked a question "how does the Hillary camp feel about her recent charges of abuse of that said info"...you didn't answer, nor has anyone else....crickets...

Positive thoughts on Hillary please??

Didn't watch it. I don't waste my time watching political theater. I think the whole thing was much ado over nothing. If the republicans spent half as much time trying to fix real problems as they do holding hearings to investigate democrats, the country would surely be better off.

And as a former prosecutor, I have a better understanding than most of why Comey made the decision he did. Proving specific intent in a case like this is very difficult and your chances of losing the case are high. You don't want to go down in history as the FBI chief that derailed a presidential candidacy by bringing charges and then losing the case at trial. That's a career-ending mistake.

Didn't watch it. I don't waste my time watching political theater. I think the whole thing was much ado over nothing. If the republicans spent half as much time trying to fix real problems as they do holding hearings to investigate democrats, the country would surely be better off.

And as a former prosecutor, I have a better understanding than most of why Comey made the decision he did. Proving specific intent in a case like this is very difficult and your chances of losing the case are high. You don't want to go down in history as the FBI chief that derailed a presidential candidacy by bringing charges and then losing the case at trial. That's a career-ending mistake.

Thanks Rich, you made a valid point, he's concerned more about his career and his social standing than doing what is right and just! How many times did he say "I don't recall or, I can't remember"? More than I can count...you are the director of the F'n FBI and your memory is that bad?? Give me a break! The Clintons have an agenda, I'm not sure what it is yet but, it isn't going to be good most of us.

Amazing how many Democrats stepped up and reamed Comey a new a$$hole today, NO ONE is above the law! Period!

Thanks Rich, you made a valid point, he's concerned more about his career and his social standing than doing what is right and just! The Clintons have an agenda, I'm not sure what it is yet but, it isn't going to be good most of us.

Hi stuwee,

RE your comments on what Rich said. Obviously you twisted it to fit your narrative.

That's fine with me. Unfortunately, many folks these days do this.

Its very obvious you have a strong negative bias against HC. Again fine with me but it makes having a constructive conversation with you literally impossible.

Best,

Gordon

PS: I'm glad you are happy that some Democrats reamed Comey a new ahole. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks Rich, you made a valid point, he's concerned more about his career and his social standing than doing what is right and just! How many times did he say "I don't recall or, I can't remember"? More than I can count...you are the director of the F'n FBI and your memory is that bad?? Give me a break! The Clintons have an agenda, I'm not sure what it is yet but, it isn't going to be good most of us.

Amazing how many Democrats stepped up and reamed Comey a new a$$hole today, NO ONE is above the law! Period!

I don't think he was just concerned for his career; I think he was concerned for the image of the FBI and the Justice Dept. as well. I also think he made the correct decision. If, as a prosecutor or federal investigator, you don't believe you have sufficient evidence to prove the elements of your case, you are ethically required to not bring the charges. He isn't saying she didn't do anything wrong. He is saying that what she did wrong didn't rise to the level of a crime that he could prove in court. In that case, not bringing charges is a fair and just outcome. Regardless of how badly political conservatives want to scuttle her presidential bid.

I also noticed how many republicans praised Comey as a fair, competent, and capable career investigator just a few days ago and then suddenly changed their tune when he didn't take the action they hoped/expected. That's politics for you.

It would seem that criteria ought to be applied to those in our Country illegally that would result in them being ineligible for welfare support. If applying on behalf of children born here, perhaps fix the immediate problem, but then deport the family including their children (so as not to "break up families"). This might discourage the family (and others) from coming into the U. S. illegally. I realize we would have to change our citizenship laws, of course. But I don't have a problem with a child born to illegal aliens not automatically receiving citizenship status.

When you are making an argument you should also include some sources.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/28/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html

From this post it shows that Hispanics (which I assume is the group you are referring to) makes up about 10.3% of the welfare recipients. Hispanics normally count for around 17% of the US population (http://www.census.gov/newsroom/facts-for-features/2014/cb14-ff22.html). If you assume this data is accurate then you can conclude that Hispanics are not disproportionately using up the welfare fund.

So. I don't recall Len saying anything about Hispanics. What I read was illegals should not get welfare and should be deported because they are here illegally. I mean do we have issues deporting people here illegally and collecting welfare paid with the citizens tax dollars?

Not really sure who Len is referring to.... I would say he is speaking about 'illegals' when he says 'illegals' ... but I'll let him speak to that.... I think sometimes depending on where you live - determines what you may or may not think might comprise the illegal population... I, as an example, live in southeast Michigan.... So, I may not think an illegal is Hispanic... whereas someone from California or states bordering Mexico might think otherwise....

Ted Cruz said in his speech "We are a country that elects a person for the people, of the people...not and King or Queen", why isn't that being brought up? Great Britain is our biggest ally and friend, what an insult from a true jerk that has no right to stand for the US! I was hoping that the entire Texas delegation would have thrown down their hats to the floor and turned their backs on Cruz as he was boo'd off the stage...

My opinion... Ted Cruz is an idiot and a cancer.... He is the poster child for politics as usual...

Ted Cruz said in his speech "We are a country that elects a person for the people, of the people...not and King or Queen", why isn't that being brought up? Great Britain is our biggest ally and friend, what an insult from a true jerk that has no right to stand for the US! I was hoping that the entire Texas delegation would have thrown down their hats to the floor and turned their backs on Cruz as he was boo'd off the stage...

I watched his speech last night, and don't recall him saying anything I took as offensive to Great Britain, but I was also fiddling with my guitar so I thought I might have missed something. I guess this is the part of the speech you are referencing.

"America is more than just a land mass between two oceans, America is an ideal. A simple, yet powerful ideal. Freedom matters. For much of human history government power has been the unavoidable constant in life. Government decrees and the people obey, but not here. We have no king or queen, we have no dictator, we the people constrain government. Our nation is exceptional because it was built on the five most beautiful and powerful words in the English language, “I want to be free.” ".

I am not that big of a fan of Ted Cruz in general, so I have no reason to defend him, but I think you are misinterpreting what he was saying. I took it to mean pretty much that here in the US, government serves and works for the citizens, not the other way around. He wasn't referencing Britain specifically with his use of "King and Queen", just as he wasn't singling out any country with the term dictator, he was using those terms broadly to describe any government that gives power to the leaders at the expense of the people. This makes the argument for a smaller, not larger government. The only time he really referenced Britain, from the transcript I just skimmed over, was in referencing the freedom they gained with Brexit. Besides, the royals of Britain may have a small degree of influence, but as far as I know, their power today is only symbolic.

Regardless of how your feel about the candidates and RNC, this is what happened in terms that matter.

Typically after the RNC the GOP candidate see a ratings bump compared to their opponent.

What happened this time was that a chunk of the undecided, decided and they split nearly evenly between Hillary and Donald. So Hillary maintained her overall 3 percent advantage over Donald.

In addition Trump's favorability rating is flat lining. It should have seen a bump.
However DURING THE RNC Hillary's favorability rating did see a bump.

Technically Trump saw a 0.1% bump, but Hillary got a 2.6% bump and even Obama got a 2% bump.

Hillary has the popular vote currently.
However even if Donald could win the popular vote and Hillary would currently still win because of how the delegates are split among the states.
This would be like what happened when Al Gore won the popular vote, but lost the election to GWB.

Hillary has a lot more "comfortable" margin states and Trump has more landslide states. That means Hillary's supporters are spread out more evenly across states and Trumps supporters are more consolidated in fewer states.

The bottom line is that Hillary will get more delegates and unless something major happens between now and November, Hillary will win the election.

It will be interesting to see how things look after the DNC.

Last edited:
Typically after the RNC the GOP candidate see a ratings bump compared to their opponent.

What happened this time was that a chunk of the undecided, decided and they split nearly evenly between Hillary and Donald. So Hillary maintained her overall 3 percent advantage over Donald.

What poll has been conducted and released following the conclusion of the GOP convention?

I would have loved to see a John Stewart vs Donald Trump campaign. Maybe someday they can do it in heaven (that's if Donald makes it).

Back