The Only Subwoofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24" Hartely Subs

Bob, first, thanks for sharing, it's a wonderful sub and good to see you are enjoying it.

Infinite Baffle subs rule! And the TRW-17 is the King. :bowdown:

What sub(s) are you using for >25Hz?

My dilemma is how to marry my existing IB sub and a rotary. Are you aware of anyone doing that config yet?

I am using my Magneplanar Tympani bass panels for response to below 30 hz. In the past I also used (2) 24" Hartely subwoofers in each corner of the room and installed in the floor. While this gave more power in the range between 25 hz and 50 hz, this was not needed because of room gain in that range. The Magneplanar bass panels work remarkably well with with the rotary subwoofer. The transient response with this combo is awesome, and I prefer this to loudness. It depends on the dimensions of your room and how loud you like to listen at. I am only using half the total output of the rotary woofer and it is still very realistic.
IMG_0824.jpg

Ha ha, at that frequency and sound level, I'd be worried about leaving some serious brown stains!
At the BAAS get-together, one member indicated that the ULF made him queasy. No brown note behavior, though.;)

Astonishing that he had to change the venting after neighbors 1000' away thought they were experiencing an ongoing earthquake.

Back