The Continuum is here....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I used to think Michael Schumacher and Hugh Hefner had better jobs than me!

:)

Hugh STILL does and Schumi could have any job at Ferrari he wants, so I would say he is in the best position for what he would call the BEST JOB! I would LOVE to work for Ferrari and Porsche as their handicapped test driver. I could tell them if their cars are any good for people in wheelchairs and if they meet ADA requirements! I wouldn't even charge them very much for my services! :D

Oh, the TT sounds INSANE! I guess it will be a slight step up from my Rega P2! LOL!

I've never met mr. Hefner, but I did get to spend about a half hour talking to Mr. Schumacher a few years ago, as part of my consulting gig for Olympus cameras...

He is a very cool guy in person and has a great sense of humor!

As for the 60k being obscene for a turntable, I am curious to see how it will stack up to the SME, Oracle, SOTA and Rega P9. All good tables in the 5-12k range. For me the sweet spot has always been the SME 20. When I got to hear the 10, 20 and 30 all together, the jump between the 10 and 20 was not that big and the one between the 20 and 30 even less.

So, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out!

I may have to try and weasel a deal with them if it's that good....

I still have a turntable and occasionally play a vinyl album. For me, the sound quality is not a big enough leap over well-mastered CD's and SACD's to make up for the convenience factor differences. I know others feel very differently about this issue, and that is great for them.

I understand where you are coming from. For me, I just missed the routine of playing a record. It just seemed more intimate and involving. I didn't even care if it sounded as good as a digital source.

Back