System up n running new Vistas!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
Taking a long drive to Chattanooga was worth the time, found a demo set (40 hrs on them according to the dealer) for a sweet price and full warranty. Hooked them up Friday night and my kids and I enjoyed them all weekend. I still am waiting on my Signal Cables to be built, right now using some old Monster single wires and 25 yr old RCA's :D.

Anyhoo..here's pics as promised. My system is the Vistas in Dark Cherry, a Plinius 8200 MkII integrated, Monster Pro 3500 power conditioner, and a Sony Blu-ray. No thoughts on future upgrades other than maybe adding a better universal CD and power conditioner one day.

Thoughts welcome!

martinlogans001.jpg

martinlogans003.jpg

martinlogans004.jpg

Nice!

But a couple of quick thoughts:

1. If you can pull them away from the wall a bit more, you'll likely improve the sound.

2. Your speakers are toed in a LOT. Use the flashlight trick described in the manual to set the to-in just right. My Spires are actually toed OUT a few degrees...

Nice!

But a couple of quick thoughts:

1. If you can pull them away from the wall a bit more, you'll likely improve the sound.

2. Your speakers are toed in a LOT. Use the flashlight trick described in the manual to set the to-in just right. My Spires are actually toed OUT a few degrees...

I will tinker with them tonight using your suggestions. On the toe in, I did think they were in a tad too far but going outwards seemed to take away highs...(the system doesn't have the tingling highs I prefer toed in or out). Toeing them in to that degree added some additional sparkle. Odd though was toed out, the left speaker took precedence over the right. Probably not enough tweaking, but that's half the fun right?

go to the first page of your system and select EDIT. Then select "Go Advanced" to manage attachments, including the new photos. Please shrink the photos down a little too.

Congrats!

go to the first page of your system and select EDIT. Then edit your system including the new photos. Please shrink the photos down a little too.

Congrats!

Thanks Tom. I'll try and figure out that shrink thing asap.:music:

Nice system! Love the Vista's!

If you can post a pic of your listening chair (position) and back wall. You should be getting plenty of high frequency response although the sweet spot will be fairly small (or at least mine is). Perfect though for my one recliner!

Sweet! Love the Vista's. The Plinius looks awesome too!
When my Clarity's grow up, they want to be Vista's.
Enjoy!!

Sweet! Love the Vista's. The Plinius looks awesome too!
When my Clarity's grow up, they want to be Vista's.
Enjoy!!

Thanks Mickey..I see we have the same power conditioner...I almost bought some Clarities but a few days before I pulled the trigger these Vistas for only $150 more. I was pretty happy!

I will tinker with them tonight using your suggestions. On the toe in, I did think they were in a tad too far but going outwards seemed to take away highs...(the system doesn't have the tingling highs I prefer toed in or out). Toeing them in to that degree added some additional sparkle. Odd though was toed out, the left speaker took precedence over the right. Probably not enough tweaking, but that's half the fun right?

Hi Matt,

I too am another Vista owner. I tried the Signal Cable(SC) Ultra speaker cable and found it to be a good cable (better than my Harmonic Tech Pro-11 single wired speaker cables), however I just put in the SC Silver speaker cable today. I think I like the Silver better with the Vistas. I just wanted to let you know in case you decide to try the Silver within the 30 day return period for your Ultra. I may change my mind after break-in but so far, the pace and drive of the music is much more compelling and there are definitely things I hear on my discs that I missed with the Ultra. So far it has been non fatiguing, nor is it bright or shrill. Very natural. I'll try to post the differences on my thread (Signal Cable Ultra vs Silver speaker cables) when I get a chance to get the sound of both cables down.

It doesn't hurt to try...

Good Luck!
crusty

Hi Matt,

I too am another Vista owner. I tried the Signal Cable(SC) Ultra speaker cable and found it to be a good cable (better than my Harmonic Tech Pro-11 single wired speaker cables), however I just put in the SC Silver speaker cable today. I think I like the Silver better with the Vistas. I just wanted to let you know in case you decide to try the Silver within the 30 day return period for your Ultra. I may change my mind after break-in but so far, the pace and drive of the music is much more compelling and there are definitely things I hear on my discs that I missed with the Ultra. So far it has been non fatiguing, nor is it bright or shrill. Very natural. I'll try to post the differences on my thread (Signal Cable Ultra vs Silver speaker cables) when I get a chance to get the sound of both cables down.

It doesn't hurt to try...

Good Luck!
crusty

Just got my SC's in last night. I can't tell much difference yet, but I had some bad luck. WHen I was hooking up the cables, for some unknown reason my blu ray player lost the video input, I have audio though. I use an Eagles DVD to compare as I know this one backwards and forwards, but it won't play it now. I am going to try and return the player and get another one.

Man if it weren't for problems, I wouldn't know what to do lol.

Back