System #83 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viking,

1st, very cool looking diffusors! Are they made out of solid wood? :eek:

2nd, I have been looking at the PassLabs X150.5, how hot does your X350.5 get? I hear they can get mighty hot?

Yep, the diffusors are made out of real wood :) The once who have tested them say they work exceptionally well :) The X350.5 gets HOT HOT HOT! It drawn 600watts continuously from the net and fin temp. is 20-25 deg. celsius over room temp.

nice looiking diffusors. do they have some kind of foam inside/behind them, or other types of absorption?

No absorption there, I`ll use broadband absorbers and Helmholz to tame the bass, these are ONLY for diffusion of the Summits backwave :)

Diffusors for the side reflection points :)

Attachments

• Cd-stall(med-cd).jpg
    Cd-stall(med-cd).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 436
I personally think that you shouldnt store the CDs on the diffusors (er, within the diffusors). They look classy without the CDs.

Oh, and do you make these yourself? :)

No, I don`t! I wish, but oh....... I`m not that handy :) I`m waiting for them, the firm`s called Svanå Miljøteknik of Sweden, www.diffusor.com The page is very lacking in information about many products but they`re just about to update the homepage.

Defusors...

Viking,

I agree with Joey, I think your defusors would look better without the CD's in them, but that's me... ;) I didn't know your defusors were connected with a defusor panel in between as well, they must work even better and they look better. :D

This is the how they will look as these are the first from the production line :) Im going to have one set of two behind both speakers :)

Attachments

• LHG032.JPG
    LHG032.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 883
Very nice system. I especially like that amp! How do you like it coupled with the summits?

THe amp works very well indeed, it rarely goes out of class A :) It plays all the frequencies extremely well and doesn`t emphasize anything, it just plays what`s there :)

any update pics? im especially interested in the finite feet. could you elaborate on them?

Anthony A. said:
any update pics? im especially interested in the finite feet. could you elaborate on them?
The FE feet are excellent They do much to the sound and they fit the Summits perfectly in the sense they are adjustable in height so you can trim the bass of the Summits. They remved some vibrations of the bass section and cleaned up the Summits sound from top to bottom.

My new APL Hifi NWO-2 :)

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 953
Back