System #68 (Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulation with your new house, Amey.

Looks beautiful! :)

Marvelous system there! I wish I had the space to "spread out" the speakers from their walls. I used to have a SB (original) a while ago but didn't like the Slimserver interface much after a little while. It's why I got a Mac Mini and didn't look back.

Marvelous system there! I wish I had the space to "spread out" the speakers from their walls. I used to have a SB (original) a while ago but didn't like the Slimserver interface much after a little while. It's why I got a Mac Mini and didn't look back.

Yes - a lot of people complain about the SlimServer interface. While it is not the best, it is adequate for me and does its job very well indeed.

Frankly, between the SB remote and the SlimRemote software for my Windows mobile device (or iPeng for the iPhone) I never touch the SlimServer (SqueezeCentre now) interface at all.

As a bonus, the more recent versions are much improved.

Absolutely - I never listen with those blinds open! It was just for the pics...

really? that's a shame you have a very nice and clean system the way it should be. I like to look at my equipment during the day when I can while I listen.I would put up with some rear (behind the panels) wave reflections once in a while to listen while I bask in the sunlight. your room looks nice and mellow

really? that's a shame you have a very nice and clean system the way it should be. I like to look at my equipment during the day when I can while I listen.I would put up with some rear (behind the panels) wave reflections once in a while to listen while I bask in the sunlight. your room looks nice and mellow

You know what? - I just might have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

New Toy

I got a new toy today......a Shunyata Hydra.

On a brief one-hour listen it seems quite good.......quieter blacker backgrounds is the main thing I notice.

Will report when I've had it in my system for longer.

Attachments

• IMG_0205 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0205 (600 x 450).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 833
Thought I should probably add a few pics of my new (or not so new any more) rack.......

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 806
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Looking real good Amey!! How do you like the toe in of your speakers at that angle or is that just an optical illusion? BTW the rack looks really classy especially with your equipment. Nice and clean. Good job!:music:

Looking real good Amey!! How do you like the toe in of your speakers at that angle or is that just an optical illusion? BTW the rack looks really classy especially with your equipment. Nice and clean. Good job!:music:

The toe-in is not as extreme as it looks. They're also further out in the room than they look. That said, I spent hours positioning those and it is what suits me and my particular room (it may not suit you).

I'll try and post another pic from behind.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
New House, New Room

New House, New Room.........

Nothing else has changed. I'm still trying to get this right, but here's a preliminary shot. I haven't had much chance to listen yet.

Attachments

• 2HDR (400 x 600).jpg
    2HDR (400 x 600).jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 706
Adam, how's the new room coming along?

I can't help but think something ARC would look good on that rack ! :devil:

Adam, how's the new room coming along?

I can't help but think something ARC would look good on that rack ! :devil:

It's coming along fine, but still a long way to go. Still playing with various treatments and positioning. I have some radical ideas (that involve building), but for now it's just fine tuning. I'm not totally happy, but who ever is?

As for ARC - I thought I might be getting a DAC7 (maybe this year??), but now the Naim DAC is out, I have to hear that first!

One day, one day!

Back