System #339 (Purity)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stovie33

Reaction score
Member: Steve K.
ML models: Purity (and CLS's that are no longer being used)
Years Purchased: Purity's in 2008. CLS's were given to me about 7-8 years ago.
Mods: No Mods
Associated Equiment:

CD Player - Simaudio CD1
Preamp - PS Audio P200
Interconnects - JPS Labs Ultraconductor 2
Power Cables - Tributaries and Audio Research
Line Conditioner - PS Audio Quintet

I got interested in Martin Logan when I went to a BBQ at an acquaintance's house. He had the CLS's sitting off to the side of a room, not being used. I asked him about them and he said that they were given to him by his brother and that he had never used them...he then offered them to me as they "were just taking up space." I was already an audionut and knew what they were. So, I politely accepted his offer. He had other speakers that he preferred, so he was happy to just get rid of them.

For a while the CLS's worked well. But inevitably the panels went downhill and, instead of getting new panels, I put together another system with the Purity's. I really think that the Purity's are an incredible value. I don't know of anything else in the new market that gives you as much quality and versatility for $3k (well, they are now $3.3k). I looked into many other options. But, to get an Amp, some nice speaker cables, and speakers for $3k there didn't seem to be anything that could comptete with the Purity. I will say that I used to have them in a larger room and the bass was lacking somewhat. But, now they are in a smaller room with better acoustics and bass is no longer an issue. The CLS's made some recordings sound as good as I have ever heard, but they made just as many recordings sound terrible. The Purity's are much more forgiving and play any genre of music well.

Attachments

• System1.jpg
    System1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 765
That looks really nice.
Just missing some vinyl and a streamer ;)

I must say I really enjoy my Puritys, when connected to high quality equipment those little beauties can really sing.

some more pics

Just a few more pics

Attachments

• System3.jpg
    System3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 648
  • System4.jpg
    System4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 647
  • System2.jpg
    System2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 650