System #282 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zero

Reaction score
Member name: Sean
ML Model: Vantage
Date Purchased: November 18, 2008
No Tweaks

Associated Electronics: (at time of post)

Karan Acoustic KA i-180 integrated amplifier
Docet-Lector CDP 0.6 MK 3 CD player

Comments:
I’ve always enjoyed my experiences with Martin Logan products, and after many years of listening to other peoples ML systems, I’ve finally procured a set I can call my own. The current room may not be completely ideal for the Vantages, but the sound is nonetheless good. Next step: a better source.

Attachments

• martinloganvantagegx0.jpg
    martinloganvantagegx0.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 693
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sean, welcome, I see Mr "Dac' was a nice guy and "fixed things up" for you !!

Sweet and simple.

May want to move them futher apart, but just enjoy what you have and welcome aboard. Do I see some Totem's off to the side? What did you replace when you got the Vantages?

Most of all...:welcome:

Tom - Thanks for the post, the welcome and for correcting my image! :D

Twitch - Thanks :)

MiTT - You know, its funny, that's the picture I took when I first set them up. The picture came out better than my latest attempts, so I decided to just go with it. Since the pic, I've spread the Vantages further apart and have used more aggressive toe-in. :cheers:

Oh yeah, keen eye! Yep, those are some Totem's! :rocker: I can't say the Vantage is a replacement for anything - but just prior to this I was running a pair of Totem Acoustic Mani-2 Signatures *euro edition*. The Mani-2's are bad-ass speakers, but at the end of the day, they needed more room than what I could provide. I still have my baby's here though - the Sttaf.

MiTT - You know, its funny, that's the picture I took when I first set them up. The picture came out better than my latest attempts, so I decided to just go with it. Since the pic, I've spread the Vantages further apart and have used more aggressive toe-in. :cheers:

For best results, you don't want very much toe-in with the Vantages. Use ye olde flashlight trick to find the inner third of the stat panel to find the best amount of toe-in. (The manual explains this in more detail than I have here, with pics too!)

Enjoy your new speakers!

Amey - Thanks for the welcome. For now, they are set-up in the bedroom. While I could place them in the much larger living room - its acoustics are nowhere near as good as what I get in this space. So for now, it's going to be their home.

Richteer - Thanks for the advice! I did the whole light-thang last night! It's clear that I still have more experimenting to do - but hey, isn't that part of the fun? heh.

Nice speakers and welcome I hope your holidays are as warm as the sound from your Logans.

If you are looking for a better source I would look into a turntable I never thought I would have one but now that I do would never be without it.

If you are looking for a better source I would look into a turntable I never thought I would have one but now that I do would never be without it.

Are you listening to Fish, oh ye of little faith? I had real trouble with my digital front end last night... my TT was just annihilating it. My vinyl copy of NIN's The Fragile just blew the CD version away. Anything above around 2KHz on the vinyl version was just way better...

Nice system - glad you managed some more space between the Vantages - was going to suggest it.

Thanks for the warm greetings Fishy! Man, I'd love to dig into vinyl - but between the maintenance and space requirements - I am going to err to a better digital system. The Lector is no slouch, but it's outclassed by the Karan integrated attached to it. I recently fell for a great turntable from Dr. Feickert (Dr. Feickert Analogue). GREAT stuff.. expensive though! :( One day....

Thanks for the nice words User. I'll repost a picture of the setup sometime next week. :)

Back