System #327 (CLS IIz)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to updating my system pics....

Changes include going from Vista's to CLS IIz's, going from a Pass Labs X250 stereo amp to Pass Labs XA60.5 monoblocks and going from a PS Audio DL III DAC to Wyred 4 Sound DAC2. I also picked up a couple of the Billy Bags amp stands.

Changes include going from Vista's to CLS IIz's, going from a Pass Labs X250 stereo amp to Pass Labs XA60.5 monoblocks and going from a PS Audio DL III DAC to Wyred 4 Sound DAC2. I also picked up a couple of the Billy Bags amp stands.

If it sounds half as good as it looks, you must be in heaven! Always cool to see how people's systems evolve. Enjoy!

Hello! How does your new DAC2 sound compared to the PS audio? Was your PS audio stock?

Thanks!

Your system looks great what kind of music do u listen to in that room

Your system looks great what kind of music do u listen to in that room

Thanks for the kind words.:bowdown:

According to my squeezebox I have 18 genres of music, so I listen to wide variety of music, recently I've been enjoying Americana and Bluegrass styles.

Last edited:
I received a new toy yesterday from Mark at Reno Hi Fi! I traded my Pass X1 preamp for the newer Pass XP-10 preamp. He said this was a demo model but it looked like the box had never been opened. It sounds great out of the box but obviously needs to break in. Here are couple of pics at its temporary location.

Attachments

• P1000149.jpg
    P1000149.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 432
  • P1000152.jpg
    P1000152.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 437
Congrats! What prompted you to make the move?

My X1 volume control had a high gain/low gain setting and about a 30dB range with each setting. The XP-10 removes the high/low and gives you a 70dB range in 1 dB increments with a heavy volume control. Also, my X1 was an early production model from January 2000, so 11+ years old.

Reno Hi fi also has a once a year sale in the month of July and had some great prices. He also gave me a fair trade value for the X1.

Churchill,

How do you like your Furman? I have been looking to upgrade from a Panamax based on a couple recommendations. Just curious on your thoughts, and if you have had any comparisons to anything else?

Thanks,
Jordan

Churchill,

How do you like your Furman? I have been looking to upgrade from a Panamax based on a couple recommendations. Just curious on your thoughts, and if you have had any comparisons to anything else?

Thanks,
Jordan

Jordan, I like the Furman but I purchased it mainly because it was one of the thinner units I could find. Originally in my set up I needed something with a low height that handled only the front end components. I do run a Shunyata Hydra 2 for my amps with good results. I didn't compare the Furman with any other manufacturer but have been considering trying a used Running Springs Haley for my front end but that will be down the road. Good luck with your search!

Mark

Last edited:
Mark, I can't believe I've never commented on your beautiful system! It looks like you and I have gone on a somewhat similar journey and arrived at Pass Labs for amps and preamps! It looks like you have the GIK bass absorbers, too. Anyway, just wanted to say that your system looks mah va lous!

Mark, I can't believe I've never commented on your beautiful system! It looks like you and I have gone on a somewhat similar journey and arrived at Pass Labs for amps and preamps! It looks like you have the GIK bass absorbers, too. Anyway, just wanted to say that your system looks mah va lous!

Thanks for the kind words Steve! I'm pretty happy with how the system is sounding and haven't made any changes in 9 months or so.

Welcome to Martin Logan Owners.

The CLS 2z are, subjectively speaking, the best in the CLS range of loudspeakers.
Subjectvely speaking, a good decision to select the without crossover CLS 2z over
recent hybrid ML production models.
With a Pass Pre/Power amplification system i guess your system sounds and definitely
does look the best. The listening room looks very nice too.

Happy Listening to the CLS 2z electrostatic loudspeakers.

Last edited:

The CLS 2z are, subjectively speaking, the best in the CLS range of loudspeakers.
Subjectvely speaking, a good decision to select the without crossover CLS 2z over
With a Pass Pre/Power amplification system i guess your system sounds and definitely

Thanks for the nice comments Rah!

Ha ha, Rah you crack me up!:D Look at his join date.

Mark, are you still happy with your IKEA chair? It is time to start thinking about what to put in my room.

Yes, it's been a great chair for the price but the padding could be a little thicker!

Looks like your room will be up and running shortly!

Back