System #261 ( Rich - M/L "Wannabie" )

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! I've been Punk'd! :eek: What the f. . .? :confused: I get busy for a week and I come back to this?

Damn. Now I'm too embarrassed to post my real system. It isn't near as nice as this one.

All I can say is: :clap::clap::clap:

RICH!

Dude, I gotta tell you, Tom and I were pretty nervous about you. Couldn't get hold of you, no valid e-mail address. I was worried that maybe you got mad about this little prank (I won't reveal who's idea it was), and went off to join a Wilson forum or something.

Glad to see you're back and have a good sense of humor buddy.

Now, about this so called system of yours...

Hey Rich, how come we haven't seen pics of your real system? I found a post from 2007 where you said you got a new Summit system.

Tim,

That's the best prank that I've witnessed on this site! I thought Rich was just being clever... BAM!!!

Satch

Dude, I gotta tell you, Tom and I were pretty nervous about you. Couldn't get hold of you, no valid e-mail address. I was worried that maybe you got mad about this little prank (I won't reveal who's idea it was), and went off to join a Wilson forum or something.

That's too funny. I have just been really busy lately and haven't been on the computer much. Then when I tried to get on the site, it wouldn't accept my login and password. I didn't have time to mess with it at the time, so I waited and then today I got an email from Tom. Glad he got my email address from someone. I guess I forgot to update it when I moved.

Awesome prank! Best ever.

As for my "real" system, I plan to post it very soon. No, really . . . very soon.

As for my "real" system, I plan to post it very soon. No, really . . . very soon.
You mean your second system... after this one. With the money spent on the infinite-baffle room and that record player, I can't help but think whatever else you have is "secondary." :D

Hey Rich,

welcome back. Sorry for Punk'ing you, but it HAD to be done. I won't tell you who's idea it was, but it was my mad photoshop skills that created that image! LOL.

When you finally post your real system, we'll name the thread System #261.5

Thanks, Tom. I do understand the necessity for this prank, and I have to hand it to you all -- Well Done!

I did recognize your photoshop skills, as well as Tim's devious sense of humor in this one. Wouldn't surprise me if a few other unnamed individuals were involved as well.

I've got to go now and work on getting my secondary system posted. Should be any day now . . .

Rich, you know.....I come to your system pics everyday, just for inspiration, again one Swe-e-e-e-t set-up !!

Yeah, definitely a keeper, but where in the heck is the REAL system, Rich? :confused:

Am I going to have to go to Huntsville and take pics myself? :D

BTW- ready to roll whenever you are my friend. :music:

Rich!

Finally, I get to see your system! It is as nice as I pictured in my head...
:bowdown:

Hey Joey!

Maybe some day you'll have a "Dream System" just like this...

Hope all is well with you.

Satch

Damn. Joey had to bring this thread back up and I just noticed the date it was originally posted on -- over a year ago -- and my "real" system still hasn't been posted! I'm going to find out what is taking so long and who is responsible for this delay, and when I get to the bottom of this, I promise you heads will roll!

Ok, so truth is it is my own lazy ass's fault. I admit it. I just need to get up off my lazy butt and take some pictures and get my system posted.

Or wait, better yet, we can use this as a fundraising opportunity. If you want to see my real system posted, pledge a certain amount of money to Tom to keep the site running, and when we reach, say, $500?, I'll post my system. What do you guys think?

Or I could just stop procrastinating, get off my butt, and take some pictures of my system and just get it posted. Like, tomorrow.

Like I said, I'm just going to have to go ever there and take the pics myself :D

And you won't be able to bluff me either, I'll drag over my entire measurement rig, so it will be nice and documented :devil:

Last edited:
Don't post your system Rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stop:

Maybe a little reverse psychology will work:D

Glen

Last edited:
Back