System #259 (Montage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what happened next?
Did you get your refund?
...and is the Montage going to be brought back to life?
Curious minds want to know...:)

So what happened next?
Did you get your refund?
...and is the Montage going to be brought back to life?
Curious minds want to know...:)

I was refunded entirely for the purchase (though not for return shipping), i repaired the speaker, and its in perfect running order, and the amp i purchased was replaced by another, which is now featured on the main page.

A happy ending for all, though I spent about 130 bucks I didnt need to in the first place, had the first amp not been a broken hunk of crap.

I was refunded entirely for the purchase (though not for return shipping), i repaired the speaker, and its in perfect running order, and the amp i purchased was replaced by another, which is now featured on the main page.

A happy ending for all, though I spent about 130 bucks I didnt need to in the first place, had the first amp not been a broken hunk of crap.
Did you replace it with orig ML woofers and if so, how much did that run you? Did you do the repairs yourself?

Did you replace it with orig ML woofers and if so, how much did that run you? Did you do the repairs yourself?

I purchased the woofers direct from ML, and they were the aluminum woofers intended for the montage itself. They ran at 45 bucks each, which was surprisingly cheap. I did the repairs myself, and it was maybe a 30 minute procedure. The guys at ML are super friendly and very generous with technical schematics.

The sega cd and 32x sound like a good addition!

Last edited:
That's great to hear, Daniel!
I have Montages that I'm about to install as rear surrounds. I love the way they look and they're always getting compliments from guests.
Thanks for sharing the experience with yours:bowdown:

Back