System #246 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlasnero

Reaction score
Name: Daniel K
ML Model: Summit - Cherry/Black
Purchased used in 2007
Mods: None, Orginal.

Associated Electronics:
Burmester 036 amplifier
Burmester 001cd
Burmester powercords
Burmester silver XLR
MIT shotgun 750 Speakercable
Squezebox connected to Burmester d/a converter in the CD 001 :music:
Transparent Power.

Only listen at demos in couple of years. Finnally my dream come true:

Attachments

• Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,578
  • Overall2.jpg
    Overall2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,568
  • Amplifier.jpg
    Amplifier.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,570
  • CD.jpg
    CD.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,572
  • closeup.JPG
    closeup.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,581
Last edited by a moderator:
Very neat-looking system Daniel. And I love the room - a very clean, uncluttered look. Welcome to MLO.

Well Done

Great looking system!! Must sound marvelous with the Burmester at the helm.
Is there a pre-amp? Or is one not needed somehow? Forgive my ignorance if there is something that I missed.

Doug - out

Very nice looking system! I particularly like the bases. (Granite, right?)

Thanks for all the nice words.
In my system the Burmester 001 is a cd and a preamp in same houses. Before I had a seperate 935mk2Preamp from Burmester but it didn´t help the sound in anyway compared to 001.

Yes it is Granite,custom order to match my Summit and with good result. The bass have become much much faster and the room itself is not playing along as it did before the granite. In the beginning I had my summit much more apart beacause of another electronicfurniture. They play much better in my room as it is now. The Summit is also connected to Transparent power cleaner.:rocker:

Very clean setup. The Burmester system looks great and I bet it sounds great. I'll be in Stockholm this June. Are you close to there

I would hate to clutter up that room, but do you have any room treatments planned ?

Daniel,

WOW!! Gotta love that Burmester gear. :drool: Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, and welcome aboard!

Seth

Hi !
Craig:No it´s about 5 hour cartravel to my place. Welcome to Sweden anyway. I hope you will enjoy you stay here in north.

Bernard: In my mind I have some idea how to hang some diffusion at the front wall, read behind the speaker. Behind sweetspot there is already room damping with textil fabric.
Is there anyone outthere who can give some exampel or product with good "WAF" to hang behind my summit.
Even if there is little to absorb/damp in my room I think the right way to go here is to use diffusion instead of damping material. Comments please.

Last edited:
Very nice setup! How do you like the Squeezebox compared to CD playback on the Burmester?

Hi everybody ! This is a nice forum. Thanks for all nice comments.
Sleepsurf: The squeezbox is doing very well when I used the burmester D/A converter. But still when I play cd directly from 001 everything is better. Not a day/night differents but still noticable after just second of listening. I´m happy with my sound but I still not 100% pleased. I´m looking for more slam its sometimes to sweet for me. I want the tremble to be little more aggresive and the midbas attack is something that I will work on to be better. Maybe will try in the future with a bigger amp and other cables.

I think that this is the most beautiful, minimalist design I've ever seen. I am in love with that listening room.

Power conditioner

The Summit is also connected to Transparent power cleaner.:rocker:

Very CLEAN looking system! One that I'm sure sounds as good as it looks!

Can you give some details on your Transparent conditioner? What model is it?

Thanks for sahring your system with everyone!

Joe

I use a tranparent P14 conditioner with good result. I will in the future try to upgrade my amplifier or maybe try tubes. Please recommend amps that work very good with Summit.

Back