System #226 (CLX)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build new bass traps and small changes to layout.
CLX still keep singing to me :music:

minisetti-0025_zpscgyyhsd2.jpg

Very nice-looking. I was wondering what the components were, so I went to your first page - it needs to be updated.

Very nice-looking. I was wondering what the components were, so I went to your first page - it needs to be updated.

Thanks, there should be a link to latest configuration. I like to keep this sort of timeline thread :)

MPS..... My apologies if I have asked you before, I am wondering whether you have ever experimented with the 16 Ohm tap to drive the CLX's ? I would be interested in your views Should you have done so, If you haven't would you be up for a go!

Sure, I did - and it works fine too but I find 8 ohms taps to be "best of both worlds" meaning a good compromise :ROFL: between the universally live and rather tight sound of 16 and 4 ohms taps. I believe room acoustics, choice of music, other equipment and personal preferences are the deciding factors.

Sure, I did - and it works fine too but I find 8 ohms taps to be "best of both worlds" meaning a good compromise :ROFL: between the universally live and rather tight sound of 16 and 4 ohms taps. I believe room acoustics, choice of music, other equipment and personal preferences are the deciding factors.

Indeed, I am currently playing around with as large a sound stage as I can create in my room, and find the 16 Ohm tap to be the most effective in this regard.

There's "mystery" switch inside CLX crossover. Rumor has it's for bass level adjustment. Anybody knows any details?
clx-xover.jpg

There's "mystery" switch inside CLX crossover. Rumor has it's for bass level adjustment. Anybody knows any details?
View attachment 18379

There is a single switch inside my CLS. In CLS 1 the switch serves to select the proper voltage for the

CLS electronics. 110 volts or 220 volts.

I do not know what purpose switchs inside CLX Art serve.

Everything inside the audio room looks amazing.

Have fun listening to music!:music:

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 18379

I only just noticed your inquiry MPS, Too busy doing battle with the legions of ML detractors over on WBF :banghead: Courtacy of Andrew aka awsmore, a CLX devotee from OZ.

*******Having first disconnectd the CLX's from the mains to discharge overnight*****

On the outer edge of the crossover board, the two mystery red switches enable the intrepid CLX owner To boost bass responce via the first switch by 1db and the second a further 2db, thereby enabling a user additional control over the Mid/Base balance.

Last edited:
I only just noticed your inquiry MPS, Too busy doing battle with the legions of ML detractors over on WBF :banghead: Courtacy of Andrew aka awsmore, a CLX devotee from OZ.

*******Having first disconnectd the CLX's from the mains to discharge overnight*****

On the outer edge of the crossover board, the two mystery red switches enable the intrepid CLX owner To boost bass responce via the first switch by 1db and the second a further 2db, thereby enabling a user additional control over the Mid/Base balance.

Thank you! I'll test those to see the effect.

There was some discussion about room acoustics in another thread and it made me think that there seems to be very little published data about rooms and speaker interaction.
Owning a laptop it's possible to do measurement your own with less than $100 investment on equipment and freeware software http://www.roomeqwizard.com/

Here's quite recent layout of my listening room.

acoustic damping element - grey
furniture - green
diffuser - blue
equipment - violet

Oma%20huone%202015_zpsfrxhgo8m.png

Made with latest design software MS Excel :ROFL:

Last edited:
Frequency response with 1/12 octave smoothing.

20150830_zpswndaotb0.png

Back