System #168 (Vista, Cinema i, Script i, Grotto)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Front Speakers

My Summits and Stage have arrived. The sound improvement over the Vistas and Cinema is stunning. I am posting this days late because I can not tear myself away from them. I will have to get a laptop & wireless card so I can keep up with forum posts and listen at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_2003-01.jpg
    IMG_2003-01.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_2004-01.jpg
    IMG_2004-01.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2005-01.jpg
    IMG_2005-01.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 319
Burke,

It looks good! How big is your projection screen and what projector are you using?

Burke,

It looks good! How big is your projection screen and what projector are you using?

The screen is about 90" diagonal, I am using a Sony VPL-HS20 (720p) projector. I have had it for about 4 years now. Probably it will be the next thing to get upgraded (in a year or so). Waiting for Blu-ray vs HD-DVD war to get over and one more generation of 1280P projectors to emerge.

Burke,

Woow....

BTW, do the veneers match? I think you have black Stage and cherry Summits from the looks of the pics?

Oh, and how do you like the Dark Cherry look with the Summits?

Burke,
Congratulations, They look great.
I'll bet they sound even better!!

Last edited:
Joey, The veneers do indeed match (all dark cherry), I love the combination of dark cherry and the black rails. The picture of the stage is bad and I will have to post new ones some time.

Wayne, They sound marvelous:D You, Joey, Cherian, the Chicago crowd will have to venture out to the western burbs some day and hear them.

Amazing!

Burke!

That sure looks like a magnificent upgrade!!! Just let me know when there is another Chicago meet, I am dying to check out all of the other chicagoans setups and hear the glorious summits for the first time. The matching finish sure must look delicious as well!

On another note, just recently epson released one of their new 1080p projectors and it borders around 3000$ msrp, so surely can be had for slightly under that. Is everything being run from the pioneer elite receiver? I'm still looking at that unit / parasound C2 trying to weigh out the + and -

Congrats again!

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!~ :cheers: :rocker:

Is everything being run from the pioneer elite receiver? I'm still looking at that unit / parasound C2 trying to weigh out the + and -

Yes, the Pioneer receiver switches everything and all of the digital music uses its DACs. I am happy with the sound, but would love to hear the Summits with a high end amp such as Theta Digital, Plinius, Pass Labs.

If you would like to see the system some time, just pm me, and we can set something up.

Will have to do any Chicago meet, but it will probably have to been help over several weekend due to the distance between us. Joey, Cherian, and cspeter all live near downtown so travel between was easy. WB lives far southwest and myself live in far west burbs. That being said if one some Saturday everyone wants to travel west I will be happy to host and fire up the grill.

Will have to do any Chicago meet, but it will probably have to been help over several weekend due to the distance between us. Joey, Cherian, and cspeter all live near downtown so travel between was easy. WB lives far southwest and myself live in far west burbs. That being said if one some Saturday everyone wants to travel west I will be happy to host and fire up the grill.

I would like that very much.... I usually travel back to the western suburbs over the weekends to the 'rents place. :)

As spring approaches I feel we are due for a Chicago meet.

Who all from Chicago will be going to the National Get-Together? I think I am going to drive so let me know if anyone needs a ride.

Who all from Chicago will be going to the National Get-Together? I think I am going to drive so let me know if anyone needs a ride.

According to Tom's list, It looks like Burke, Cherian, and Wayne so far. We will definately have to convince or kidnap Joey :D

Thanks for the offer of a ride. I will be going down several day early and late to visit my brother who lives in KC.

That weekend is out for me as I will be off to China and Taiwan. April 7th or the weekend of april 28 will work best for me.

As spring approaches I feel we are due for a Chicago meet.

I should be able to go... just gotta double and triple check my schedule!

Joey :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

April smells like logan meets!

I am down for almost every weekend of april.... Sadly, I don't have much to show, but would love to see *cough* 'hear' all of the other setups. Although, my ML situation should be changing very quickly, which setup it will become is all TBD.....

I can make it into the city easily, good ol' METRA, as for the burbs I'm out west by the St Charles Geneva Batavia area. So traveling around the western burbs isn't a problem....could prolly make it to the southwest burbs as well.

I am pumped for a meet! I really hope we can all get together and mesh our schedules, especially with this weather we're having, barbecues are almost a necessity! And if you don't mind Joey, I can handle the pics this time around....

photo/video is what I do.:cool:

Hope to hear from you guys soon:rocker: :cheers:

I live in the Loop and Joey is about 1 mile away so we should all meet some place downtown for lunch or coffee and then make the rounds. Everyone that is interested just give me some dates.

Chicago meet

I have created to thread in the Off-Topic discussion group for this topic

I will be happy to meet downtown (or anywhere in town)

Last edited:
Pictures after the Dec 07 remodel.

I early Dec 2007. I decided to clean up the room. I wanted to eliminate the exposed wiring and move the electronics (they had out grown the rack). This is first stage, which will last till warmer weather arrives.

View from back of room.
Left side view

View from front of room

Attachments

• IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2888.jpg
    IMG_2888.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg