SVS Cylindrical Subwoofers with MLs?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
Have any of you any experience with SVS cylindrical subs with MLs? Any info appreciated.

I hear that they sound phenomenal however they are not fast enough to keep up with Martin Logans/ Electrostatics.

I was wondering about SVS myself. I didn't want to take the risk buying online, so I opted for the REL sub.

I use a PC12 Ultra and a PC13 Ultra with my Vista's. I think they sound great. I think they are distortion free and have plenty of output. I do have to say that I think the PC13 Ultra sounds a little better than the PC12 Ultra (which is what you might expect), but the PC12 is no slouch. Some people may think they are "not fast enough" but I don't find that to be the case. In my room, the bass just happens and is part of the music/movie. It doesn't stand out as more or less, or different from any other aspect of the sound. So for me, they were the right choice.

The bass did seem to improve when I added the second subwoofer (the PC13 Ultra). That is when the system transitioned to being effortless and better integrated.

So maybe the lesson is that two is better than one. :)

BTW, using a Marantz AV-8003 Pre-Pro.

Chuck

Back