Sunfire vs Aragon 4004 MKll or 8008BB

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redliner

Reaction score
Has anyone compared both brands? What was the outcome? It's gonna be pushing Quest Z's. Thanks.

Last edited:
They both are good amps. I had the Sunfire . The Aragon is a Dan D'Agostino design.

Has anyone compared both brands? What was the outcome? It's gonna be pushing Quest Z's. Thanks.

The Sunfire is a tad warmer while the Aragon is neutral and more dynamic. IMHO the Aragon is a better built amp. Even though the Aragon line is no longer built, Klipsch supports it and they claim they will for quite awhile. I fully believe that since it is possible to get parts and service from Klipsch on speakers made in the 50s.

Last edited:
I've had all three and while the Aragons had extremely tight control at the high end the Sunfire Signature was better overall (pushing Quests). Faster, more transparent and powerful. I particularly like the voltage and current outputs.

I progressed from 4004 to 8008 to Sunfire Signature and now Martin Logan 335. All of these amps pushed the Quests at one time.

Robert, did you have the standard or MKll 4004 and was the 8008 the BB version? Is it worth the price difference (~$400) between the two Aragons?

Sounds like some guys have material for a new entry in the "Recommended Ampifiers" section.

Robert, did you have the standard or MKll 4004 and was the 8008 the BB version? Is it worth the price difference (~$400) between the two Aragons?

MKII and BB versions. Between the Aragons - get the 8008. As for the Sunfire, see if you can arrange a shootout with your equipment, in your room. These are different sounding amps (both great) and you may prefer one to the other.

Latest posts

Back