Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man alive Tonight a was wild listen. I went all over the board. Dwight Yoakem to Buster Poindexter(AKA David Johansen) to Bob Seger. Ending with Chuck Mangeone

This recording of Dwight's work is a damn good recording. It has a warm timbre to it. Vocals are great with his style. YES I have a country side:D Buster Poindexter is just plain fun and the track "Butcher Pete" Has the deepest bass saxophone you will ever hear and its recorded at first dead center and then comes at you ending with a DEEP growl on the right side. Bob Seger was just ........Well no Explanation needed. I ended it with Chuck Mangeone. It was a long night but someone has to do it :ROFL:

Are you posting at 1am? That's cheating! Same with Jeff. But damn stereo systems sound good around that time!

No Sunday morning listening for me this morining. We went out to the shops for some Christmas supplies.

Are you posting at 1am? That's cheating! Same with Jeff. But damn stereo systems sound good around that time!

No Sunday morning listening for me this morining. We went out to the shops for some Christmas supplies.

I had the evening to my self. The wife and kids were out. When that happens you take advantage of it ! Yes it seems at 1:00 Am they do sound better.

I can't believe it's Sunday already......

The 2 channel system is warming itself up while spinning the very best of Keiko Matsui

Feeling a little lazy this morning plus a few things to do around the house so I will let the Ipod select what i hear.

I recently added the Wadia 170 dock to the system and I am very impressed the songs are loaded at the lowest setting and still it sounds pretty darn good.

it is a 30G ipod and currently has about 3000 songs on it and just over 30% full.

I thought about loading them with a WAV file but with an average CD using about 600MB I would only get about 50 CD's on it at this point I will give up a little quality for quantity.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 122
Feeling a little lazy this morning plus a few things to do around the house so I will let the Ipod select what i hear.

I recently added the Wadia 170 dock to the system and I am very impressed the songs are loaded at the lowest setting and still it sounds pretty darn good.

it is a 30G ipod and currently has about 3000 songs on it and just over 30% full.

I thought about loading them with a WAV file but with an average CD using about 600MB I would only get about 50 CD's on it at this point I will give up a little quality for quantity.

After spending the day at Ken's last week I can attest that the Wadia i 170 ran through his GNS modded 581 there is little loss with compressed files. I may look into this as a great background format ! The sound is good and it appeals to my laziness:D

This morning will be spent with two of my favorite ladies Rebeca Pigeon and Patrica Barber.

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 144
  • theColePorterMix.jpg
    theColePorterMix.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 145
I really like Rebecca Pigeon's version of "Spanish Harlem" on that disc, and she looks incredible in the cover shot.

We had a snowy week here in Denver, so I brought up some Tchaikovsky from the basement the other night to listen to while I watched the flakes fly outside. Russian music conducted by Yevgeny Mravinsky and performed by the Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra. It doesn't get much more authentic! While not quite an audiophile pressing (standard fare Deutsche Grammophon), it IS still quite a nice analog recording and some truely rousing and passionate performances. This morning it was the 4th Symphony in F minor, Op. 36.

After that it was the amazing "Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers" from the Acoustic Sounds Blue Note series. See Risabet's review of the entire series over in the Recommended Recordings section. I couldn't agree with his assessment more - this is simply just about as good as recorded music gets!

Right now I've got Holly Cole in the room, doing her interpretaions of Tom Waits songs on the Classic pressing of "Temptation" and looking absolutely sultry on the cover photo.

Attachments

• TchaiBlakeyCole.jpg
    TchaiBlakeyCole.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 158
"Temptation", I love that album. I haven't seen it on vinyl, now I'll be looking for it. As for this morning, I got in two classics, the Bill Evans Trio, "Sunday at the Village Vanguard"...
431908412_UHaM5-S.jpg

...and Sonny Rollins, "Volume 2"...

431908409_kEBov-S.jpg

Just got back from cutting down the Christmas tree. Colder than a witches t-t outside !!!! Trying to warm up to some psychadelia by British band Audience ' House on the Hill' GREAT STUFF D.R.

Sunday Morning Listening turned into All Day Sunday Listening

Vince Guaraldi Trio ~ A Charlie Brown Christmas
George Winston ~ December
Ani Difranco ~ Living In Clip ~ Discs 1 and 2
Beatles ~ Love
Freedy Johnston ~ This Perfect World
Melody Gardot ~ Some Lessons
Arthur Lyman Group ~ The Best of
Nerf Herder ~ S/T
Staind ~ The Illusion Of Progress
B.B. King ~ Deuces Wild

Right now its Stevie Wonders Innervisions

Wayne , do you find your self listening to the CLS more or the Summit?

Wayne , do you find your self listening to the CLS more or the Summit?

I've been using the CLS almost exclusively for Music and the Summits for HT.
I prefer the Summits for Rock-n-Roll and the CLS for Jazz.

I've got the room so I'm gonna keep both and hopefully pick up a quality amp next year to drive the CLS effectively.

I've been using the CLS almost exclusively for Music and the Summits for HT.
I prefer the Summits for Rock-n-Roll and the CLS for Jazz.

I've got the room so I'm gonna keep both and hopefully pick up a quality amp next year to drive the CLS effectively.

They are addicting! Jazz and female vocals are stunning on them. You do need a SS amp that has backbone.

I have found but more time today after sledding and snowboarding with the kids for a few more. Jackson Browne " The Pretender" Jackson Brown" Running on Empty" and Simon and Garfunkel "The very best of Tales from New York"

Attachments

• JKCD03.JPG
    JKCD03.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 136
  • JKCD05.JPG
    JKCD05.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 129
  • 41Y77FJ7Y2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    41Y77FJ7Y2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 127
Nine Inch Nails, The Slip dowloaded as a 24/96 files right from the NIN site for free no less.

Getting ready for the show here in Portland tonight, which Trent Reznor is saying will be his last production "this big" for some time.

New Guns and Roses on LP is also quite spectacular!

"Temptation", I love that album. I haven't seen it on vinyl, now I'll be looking for it.

Steve, I'd had it on back order for a long time. Last week I received a copy on Tuesday and then another one on Friday that is still at my office. I was going to have to get an RMA from Music Direct to return it, but if you want it I'd be happy to send it to you for exactly what I paid for it.

I'll send you a PM...

I wouldn't add to this unless I thought I had something truly exceptional. Grace has made a comeback after 19 years, what's more the world's best rythmn section Sly and Robbie are back with her. Just click on the link in my signature for a video.
Justin, great selection Thanks for the Reccomendation.
Just got the disc today, First Listen, I really like it
Opening Track is outstanding
My wife even popped into the room to ask who it was.

Attachments

• grace.JPG
    grace.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 115
Grace Knight - Willow
India Arie - Acoustic Soul
The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work

Attachments

• gk.jpg
    gk.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ia.jpg