Summit-y Goodness !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Joey's Summits arrived safe and sound earlier this evening.. About 7PM actually. One of the boxes was gashed, but the speakers are un-damaged.

Didn't have too much time to mess with everything yet... plugged them in to make sure they're both working and then of course put on some Amy Grant to cleanse them of Joey-itis cooties that are all over them!! ha!

More to come in the following days..... as I get them dialed in and start putting them thru their paces.

Tom.

Thank goodness! I am relieved that they both arrived safely!

I want pictures!!

excellent to hear they made it safe and sound! Shipping speakers is always a scary ordeal. I'm with the general consensus....Let's see some pictures!:D

Holes in box...

Here's some shots of the holes in the box..

Attachments

• IMG_5352 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5352 (Medium).JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_5353 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5353 (Medium).JPG
    28 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_5354 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5354 (Medium).JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_5355 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5355 (Medium).JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 390
more photos..

here the Summits are on my deck right outside the room where they will live.

Attachments

• IMG_5357 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5357 (Medium).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 385
Unpacked and in the room...

Inspected and all is well.. No damage.

Attachments

• IMG_5358 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5358 (Medium).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 382
plugged in and working!

notice the time.... no chance to do any real listening or positioning, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_5360 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5360 (Medium).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_5362 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5362 (Medium).JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 380
Wow, those boxes look so very close to a disaster. When I recieved my Vantages via FedEx ground freight they came on a pallet and not a single dent in the box. Great to see the speakers made it in good shape:musicnote:

No kidding- Tom those look awesome in your set-up!!! Congrats!

Not sure which I like best - the Summits or the Pass lab amp. The Pass lab gets my vote for best looking solid stater any day.:bowdown:

The clear aluminum Summits are a really nice match with your rack and equipment.

Don't bother trying to wash the Joey-itis cooties off of those beauties. You're already infected.

They're officially YOURS, Tom! Wow... they look like the room was redeco'd with them Summits in mind. The clear aluminum is a real nice touch and it certainly limits the monotony of the black panel.

I am glad they arrived safely and I am very very happy to see that what started 2 weeks ago has ended very well!

As for me, I guess I can never quit the hobby, but I can certainly downscale...

Enjoy the Summits my good friend, I look forward to more input from you and your ears.

Joey

Edit: Well, I guess it's time to edit my sig....

BOO-FREAKKIN-YAH!!! Yeah, I have a feeling you are going to be happy with these... Was it Cherian that just got the Summits to replace his Oddyseys?

Dang getting these Summits at the prices you guys are getting them is almost like getting them at Costco!!! :D Congrats to all... and yes - lets hear some comparitive reporting. I just have a feeling that the Pass is going to light up the Summits..... Show a pic of your final setup too Tom - I'd be interested in all of the tweaking, moving you will be doing to get them dialed in.... I'm guessing those are where your SL3s (that's what you had wasn't it?)....were positioned?

Back