Summit X cabels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malle

Reaction score
I need some advise on speaker and signal cables. I used to have Audience au24 both speaker and signal cabels. I post à picture of My new setup.

Malle
4D9DF2A0.jpg

Hi Malle,

Very nice set up.

Your question is the second most asked on this forum. The first is which amplifier.

There's tons of info on the forum. Use the search button and get comfortable.

Two universal truths about this subject.

1) Only you can decide what's best for your room / budget / personal biases / system. It doesn't matter what someone else thinks. Use any recommendations as a guide only.

2) If at all possible, audition first with a money back guarantee, before buying. Here in the US, we have the Cable Company that offers a wide variety of choices for auditioning. Hopefully, you have a similar company in your part of the world.

Also make sure the cables have been broken in before listening.

Good luck.

GG

Hello Malle,
Gordon is right. I've learned that everyone hears different things. Recommendations can be valuable if they come from someone with the same sonic preferences as you, but even then, as Gordon says, they're only a guide.

I switched to Transparent MusicWave Plus cables and they made a big difference for me. I bought several pairs used and sold one pair to a friend who also uses Mcintosh amps and Summits. For him, they also made a big difference. So, that is something you might try...

Back