Summit X - any issues with electronics or panels so far?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectral

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will probably be ordering a pair of X's and wanted to ask current owners if there've been any reliability issues so far...

TIA

I dont own X's, but if you order a new pair you will get the 3 year warranty and shouldnt be concerned with failure but happy listening! ( in the words of Roberto)

Hi all,

I will probably be ordering a pair of X's and wanted to ask current owners if there've been any reliability issues so far...

TIA
So, your quest is over, Peter?

I've had my pair for about 2 years now and had no issues at all. I also upgraded from Odysseys. A step up in performance for sure! ENJOY! :music:

I owned a pair of Xs for 18 months or so... never so much as a hint of trouble. Mine were well protected from power fluctuations as well.

Insufficient line protection is, I strongly suspect, the root of many if not most calamaties.

As an aside, the auto-power-down "thump" does take some getting used to. Alarming at first, then just part of life. :)

So, your quest is over, Peter?

Hi Ken, yes it looks like it. I can't spend more, I hate the price increase of the Q3, I love stats, and the X is really the best bargain in the industry right now. And when set up correctly, just stunning... I can't wipe the memory of it against the Q5 off my head - truly head to head performance!

Thanks for all the responses!

I owned a pair of Xs for 18 months or so... never so much as a hint of trouble. Mine were well protected from power fluctuations as well.

Insufficient line protection is, I strongly suspect, the root of many if not most calamaties.

As an aside, the auto-power-down "thump" does take some getting used to. Alarming at first, then just part of life. :)

Caps discharging I guess... No big deal. Thanks

I dont own X's, but if you order a new pair you will get the 3 year warranty and shouldnt be concerned with failure but happy listening! ( in the words of Roberto)

FYI, the warranty is five years.

Hola...have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCodk1tN4GI On the other hand, the Summits X are a jewel to use. You really can adjust the room boundaries, and have one of the best bass performace that money can buy/price paid. These are the second best product of the company!. I assure you many hours of listening pleasure. And if you are a owner of spectral electronics, you really are going to love the ML SummitsX sound.
By the way, I think that the factory warranty is for 5 years, orginal owner.
Happy listening,
R.

Latest posts

Back