Subwoofer connection.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclone

Reaction score
I am now biamping my Sequel IIs, my preamp has two balanced main outs which I have hooked into the balanced inputs of each amplifier my problem is I used to have the second set of mains hooked up to my two Velodyne subs which have both line and speaker level connections. What would be the best way to get my subs back into the system. Could I send a another set of speaker wires to the speaker level connections of the sub from the amp that is connected to the bass terminals of the Sequels or would that cause problems? I know I could split the signal from the preamp but wondered if there is a better way. If someone has had a similar situation let me know what you found was the best way to go about it.

I am now biamping my Sequel IIs, my preamp has two balanced main outs which I have hooked into the balanced inputs of each amplifier my problem is I used to have the second set of mains hooked up to my two Velodyne subs which have both line and speaker level connections. What would be the best way to get my subs back into the system. Could I send a another set of speaker wires to the speaker level connections of the sub from the amp that is connected to the bass terminals of the Sequels or would that cause problems? I know I could split the signal from the preamp but wondered if there is a better way. If someone has had a similar situation let me know what you found was the best way to go about it.[/QUOTE
Hola Cyclone. If you want to run your Sequels without any crossover, and use your subs just to add more bass at the bottom, just use the other balance outs of your preamp to drive your subs...there is no need to go from the subs to the speakers, unless you want to use your subs as a crossover and cut the low info at a specific frequency. Hope this might help...happy listening,
Roberto.
:musicnote:

I do something similar to what Roberto suggested: I split the preamp outs to both my main fronts amp and to my sub line-ins (a ML Depth in my case). I use the sub for bass reinforcement, so I don't bother filtering the lower frequencies going to my main Ascent Is. This works well for both 2-channel and home theater. You may have to tweak the crossover on the sub and adjust levels and phase as needed to get the sub(s) to blend well with your mains.

Back