Stretchable material to cover subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walukanis

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendation what to use, in order to redo the sub covers on the Odysseys? I had them damaged in transport. Its for the front covers.

Greg

Hola. Any stretch thin fabric will do. Also, you can choose the color and change a little bit their look. The length of the bass wave is so long, that it will not matter the fabric, but my advise is as thin as possible. I will matters if you are using a very thick fabric to cover a tweeter, or the stat panels. It is not recommended to use any cover when you are listening to the music with stat covers on, but it is very wise to use covers when the speakers are not in use. Happy listening!

try Parts Express they have a very good grill cloth. some of my freinds use it to cover the M/L and noticed no difference in sound. I use it for Video because the projector light reflects off the stats. i just drape it over the speakers then take it off for serious listening.

This is a good idea but you will need really heavy duty and thick fabric which can be durable even if it has been in harsh conditions. Though it would be better if you share with us which fabric you are finalizing for this work.

Latest posts

Back