Stereo or Surround?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
There was a post a while back that this came up, and there was terrific input from both points of view. Some of these threads are classics, and should gain recognition by being posted in a quality audio review.

Anyways there was a good point that most music in real life is listened from one area, example, going to a jazz club, all the musicians are in a set stage area, there is no bass player behind you, right? Then there was brought up you could be in the conductor's position with surround. Actually to me that is the worst listening spot you would want to pinpoint yourself. There are many reasons for this to name one, the dynamic impact cause the music to collide, and you lose the sound stage, as was ment to being in the audience area. But I do have one very strong point for surround that being this fantastic CD! It is E. Power Biggs playing on the Antiphonal Oragns of the Cathedral of Frieburg just imagine these huge pipe organs all interconected, and when heard in the Cathedral, emanate from all over. You could not appreciate the full impact with just stereo. So why not have both,I rest my case! :music:

Back