stand options for cls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of any other than the Sound Anchors you mentioned. Arcici made a stand for these but it is no longer available. You can make your own stands, of course, see elsewhere on this site for how one person did this.

One other option: use a low profile subwoofer and mount them on top. I have tried this with my VMPS New Original sub and it works. The height of the CLS/sub combo is about 5 inches taller than a ML Monolith with the potential benefit of added low bass. My VMPS subs are 20 inches tall which may raise the CLS too high for some applications. If you can find a low profile sub that is wide enough to support the CLS (28 inches) and is about 15 inches in height, the combo would have a geometry roughly equivalent to the Monolith.

CLS stands...

If you're not mechanically inclined, any decent woodshop/woodworker can build a beautiful set of stands for you...I live in Northeast MD and I have access to some of the best Amish woodcrafters in the country...if I didn't already have the Sound Anchors (they came with them) I'd be checking them out for a pair...check the custom woodshops in your area...

One other thing would be to check out the member systems for someone that built their own and if you like their style, make them an offer to make you a pair...

what commerical stands are available for the cls beside the sound anchor ?
Do you have something against the Sound Anchor stands? They're not expensive and practically disappear. But the most important feature of the SA stands is the bracing they provide. Transient response is increased a lot by preventing the top of the panel from waving back and forth.

Back