Spires or Revel F52

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolz

Reaction score
I know that this is a Martin Logan forum but I would just like to get some opinions. I've listened to both and am leaning towards the Spires. Just alittle concerned about room placement. Know that this can be alittle tricky with the ML's and not so much for Revel. I have a romm that is 24x18 with hardwood floors and an area rug. Thanks

Hi Coolz,

Both are quite good but different. Only you can decide.

Best option is to arrange for an in-home audition for both speakers. Then you will know for certain.

GG

Get what you respond to the most.

Depending on your room, musical taste and associated gear, one you won't want to live without and the other you'll be able to walk away from...

Whatever puts the biggest smile on your face is the speaker for you!

Good luck.

From what I have heard of the Revals. I did not like them I heard the Salons when I baught my amp. I thought they were sterile sounding. However TRUST YOUR EARS!

Hello,
If looking at Revels, I would highly recommend listening to a pair of Salons. Usually available for around 6-7 (about same price as Spire) and sound amazing. Also a stunning industrial design.

Obviously, going with you gut on this is paramount. Another consideration is if this is going to be a 2 channel or surround system setup. Revel makes some amazing Center Channel speakers which are a better match than the Spire/Stage combo. Either way, you cannot lose.
ML

Last edited:
Spire's........ oh I'll be darned ...look what I own ! :D

For what it is worth, I recently replaced my Salon I's with the Spires. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. I believe the Spires are more transparent, more extended at the top end, clearer-sounding, and image and soundstage better than the Salons. The Spires are also surprisingly competitive in the bass. The Spires' bass is tighter; the Salons more abundant in the mid-bass region. One difference that might matter is the sweet spot. The Spire sweet spot is much narrower than the Salons. For 2-channel listening, I think the Spire is a 1-person speaker. I would add that the narrow sweet spot of the Spire is more rewarding than the wider sweet spot of the Salon for a single person. For multi-channel, the center channel helps even things out. I do not think the ML Stage is the equal of Revel's Voice, but it is decent enough that I don't cry for my old Revel system. Overall, I am very pleased with the Spire.

My room is about 25x16.

The F52 is a relatively recent introduction by Revel vis-a-vis the Salon I. Perhaps the F52 matched or even surpassed the Salon I by the end of the Salon I's product life. I have never heard the F52.

Latest posts

Back