Spires in da house!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spires in a league of there own?

As a current and very satisfied owner of the Vantage speaker. How is it that the Spires are in a league of there own? What dose it really mean when you say that "something is in a "league of there own"? The Spires are $3000.00 more than the Vantage that seems to me for the dollar, not that big of a difference in comparison to the CLX where there is a $15000 difference. To me that would translate into a "league of it's own" Or perhaps money in of itself is not the only measurement. As you can probably can tell I am feeling like buyers remorse is coming over me. So what's the cure? What's the real difference between the Vantage and the Spires? What am I missing. Thanks, Sam

As a current and very satisfied owner of the Vantage speaker. .................As you can probably can tell I am feeling like buyers remorse is coming over me. So what's the cure?
As "a current and very satisfied owner of the Vantage speaker" the cure is simple - sit back, relax, and enjoy the music ! :music:

As a current and very satisfied owner of the Vantage speaker. How is it that the Spires are in a league of there own? What dose it really mean when you say that "something is in a "league of there own"? The Spires are $3000.00 more than the Vantage that seems to me for the dollar, not that big of a difference in comparison to the CLX where there is a $15000 difference. To me that would translate into a "league of it's own" Or perhaps money in of itself is not the only measurement. As you can probably can tell I am feeling like buyers remorse is coming over me. So what's the cure? What's the real difference between the Vantage and the Spires? What am I missing. Thanks, Sam

How big is your room? In smaller rooms, you are missing some transparency due to the new crossover, but not much more. Spend the $3K that you saved on room treatments first, then on electronics, and you will be in heaven.

You should start a new thread on this, actually, so more people will see this and can address it directly.

How big is your room? In smaller rooms, you are missing some transparency due to the new crossover, but not much more. Spend the $3K that you saved on room treatments first, then on electronics, and you will be in heaven.

You should start a new thread on this, actually, so more people will see this and can address it directly.

not to help the hijackers but their is much more to the spire than electronics.
much larger panel and going from a 8" driver in a resonant cavitly to a 10" in a sealed box makes quite a difference. the vantage are great as I owned a pair and impressed every music loving person I new with them. just remember there is always something "better" just be happy that if you own any of these you are above the 99.999999% of people who own any kind of speakers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back