Spires in da house!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichTeer

Reaction score
Finally! After 2.5 months of waiting (the snow storms up here in Canada certainly didn't help), my Spires have finally arrived--with the correct (clear) binding posts!! Will post pics later, but for now it's pizza time. The food kind, that is. Black pizza will be enjoyed after the former has been consumed! :music:

How appropriate that today is also the day that the Summit X officially appears on ML's web site. :)

Rich,

Congratulations! You are one patient guy... now just wait a bit longer for them to break in...

Rich,

I hope you enjoy them. I'm sure in a couple days you'll think the wait was worth it!

Gordon

You definitely are patient....I on the other hand would probably be a patient if I had gotten that close and then had to wait all over again.:D

I hope you get enough free time to really enjoy them.

I'd like to hear your impressions about the speakers after you have lived with them for sometime.

I personally did not have to wait for the break in period to hear the difference from my vantages. I really think that the spires are in the sweet spot of the dollar performance curve in the Martin Logan line up right now.

I personally did not have to wait for the break in period to hear the difference from my vantages. I really think that the spires are in the sweet spot of the dollar performance curve in the Martin Logan line up right now.

Great news
The Spires are phenomenal and I fully agree with the scaly marine person! Vantages are sweet and remain great value but the Spires are in a different league. They fully reflect investment earlier in the chain. Very good within 2-3 days, after 150 hours they are fantastic and like a fine wine display exquisite balance (in the MLs- tonality musicality and accuracy). Life from all your sounds. Living where you do you gotta use Moon!!!
Have a great time - quiet (when detail and soundstage are remarkably and delightfully well preserved) to superloud, they do the business!

Hola...enjoy your new improved sound!!! Happy listening and don´t forget to ask the pizza with extra cheese!
Roberto.

Life from all your sounds. Living where you do you gotta use Moon!!!

Just saw this in the spec on their website for the W7 power amp - "Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback".

What precisely are they talking about here? Any idea?

Congratulations, Rich!!!!

It's been, what?, eight or nine months in the making? I'll bet you're in audio heaven!

email forthcoming.:ROFL:

Ken

PS: and, yes, the Spires beat the VTL's.:p

Congrats Rich!

Prepare yourself for long hours of "seat time", heavy sleep deprived eyes, and a constant grin for some time to come.

Good for you!

Just saw this in the spec on their website for the W7 power amp - "Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback".

What precisely are they talking about here? Any idea?

Hi Justin They are referring to external control of the functions on
/ off inputs volume etc and not anything relevant to sonic performance. Feel free to e mail and visit if your near S East Scotland... maybe leave any punk albums behind ! Moon, Transfiguration, Spires... Music sans tubes!!!

Hi Bruce - I see you have a Transfiguration Pheonix - supposed to offer much of what an Orpheus does for less £££. What do you think of it?

No punk? Hmmm - I just tried some Dead Can Dance and try as I did I couldn't make it to the end of the album. Reminds me a bit of the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions. Mind you, that is good:)!

Good to hear you are very happy with those Spires... & thanks for the visit offer. You're safe for a while though:)!

Rich,

What were your previous speakers? Were they Logans?

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys! Fresh out of the box they sounded kinda muffled (my amps had also been off for a few weeks, which doubtless contributed to towards this), but after a few hours of listening they really loosened up. Right now they're more or less where they fell out of the box. This weekend I plan to spend some time positioning them a bit less randomly.

The Spires are my first forey into ML ownership! My previous speakers were the Spendor SP1/2Es--and they're for sale should anyone here be interested!

You definitely are patient....I on the other hand would probably be a patient if I had gotten that close and then had to wait all over again.:D

I hope you get enough free time to really enjoy them.

Thanks! They say that patience is its own reward. I'm very glad I was patient! As to enough free time: I was laid off just before I ordered the Spires (I had been saving for a while so the boss kindly said I could order them anyway), so I unfortunately have lots of free time right now.... I am working on fixing that though, 'cause further upgrades beckon! :)

They fully reflect investment earlier in the chain. Very good within 2-3 days, after 150 hours they are fantastic and like a fine wine display exquisite balance (in the MLs- tonality musicality and accuracy). Life from all your sounds. Living where you do you gotta use Moon!!!

Funnily enough, my ML dealer is also a Moon dealer, so I'm sure he'd agree with you! I have a preference for tubes, but I would be remiss if I didn't at least audition some Moon stuff come the next round of upgrades.

Funnily enough, my ML dealer is also a Moon dealer, so I'm sure he'd agree with you! I have a preference for tubes, but I would be remiss if I didn't at least audition some Moon stuff come the next round of upgrades.

Glad your speakers are loosening up! Always a bit worrying the somewhat weird sound at the beginning! Glad you can hear the Moon gear if you so choose. I found the placement absolutely critical with my Spires and I'm sure measuring every half inch of toe in will repay you when their run in and you're ready. Much more critical than the Vantages I have found. Have fun:D

Latest posts

Back