Spire

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I realize all the buzz this weekend is with Tom at ML enjoying himself. Thanks Tom for the pics and updates.

Now to my question. Has anybody heard the Spire yet? Impressions?

Gordon

Got em here, they are very good!

Full review later on this summer, working on it now. I think we had a thread about this a couple of weeks ago...

I heard a pair of Spires yesterday in a dealer showroom where I'd previously auditioned Summits, in exactly the same spot. While they were fresh out of the box and not broken in, and I'm no audiophile, it did seem that the sweet spot was wider with the Spires.

Will report back more after subsequent listenings...

I heard them at DaVinci Media in downtown Milwaukee with the Beatles Love DVD set to stereo (he is also getting a pair of CLX as fast as humanly possible). I have to agree with the very large sound stage and what seemed to be a very flat and pleasing response across all frequencies (Descent i was turned off allowing the Spires to sing alone). I was quite impressed even up against the Revel Salons, but of course I love panels. I could separate instruments and vocals much easier during difficult passages (than with my Vistas and prior experience), something that seemed to be an issue on my home system.

Last edited:
I believe sometime at the end of the summer at worst (poss. end of July). He did order them and I believe he is planning on hosting an event when they do arrive.

Summer in Milwaukee.... ahhh.. visions of Summerfest as a teenager...25 cent beers, brats, stifling heat and humidity and seeing your favorite band on one of the many music stages!!

I miss that.. along with Kopp's burgers, frozen custard and taking out of town visitors to "The Safehouse"

I was a little nervy to read what you had to say about the Spire, I bought a pair and will have to wait until the 4th of July to get them. Never listened to them before. So what I have heard is great news! I have heard the Vantage and that is what I based my purchase on, they sound the way I like to hear my music.

I believe sometime at the end of the summer at worst (poss. end of July). He did order them and I believe he is planning on hosting an event when they do arrive.

Not to hijack Gordon's thread, but please let us all know when this happens.
Thanks

Summer in Milwaukee.... ahhh.. visions of Summerfest as a teenager...25 cent beers, brats, stifling heat and humidity and seeing your favorite band on one of the many music stages!!

I miss that.. along with Kopp's burgers, frozen custard and taking out of town visitors to "The Safehouse"

Dude, I used to WORK at the Safehouse! That's where I met my good friend Scott, who writes our "Club Mix" column.. We used to be the evening DJ's there!

It's a small world after all!

CLX in Milwauke late July early August

Hi Everyone,

We expect to have our CLXs near the end of July and will have a listening event with our Friends from Lawrence in town in Mid August. Probably August 20th and or 21st. How many of you may attend? I would like to get an idea of what to plan for.

Thanks

Shawn

Latest posts

Back