Philipp from Germany, ML Spire

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phips1702

Reaction score
Dear all,
thanks for accepting me here in the MLO forum!
I am 48 yrs old and from Bad Dürkheim, Rhineland-Palatine, Germany, where I live with my very tolerant wife (related to my expensive passions audio, astrophotography and woodworking) and our 4 shelter dogs.
My audio chain consists of a beautiful pair of ML Spires, an Octave V40 PP tube amp, Cambridge Audio N851 streamer and 740C CD player.
I look forward to intense discussions and lots of knowledge from you guys out there!
Cheers,
Philipp

Welcome to the gang Philipp.
Love to see some of your astrophotography pics.
Thanks Brad, more than happy to show your guys a couple of pics.
A selection can be found here Philipp Weller's gallery
Two of the most recent ones are attached :)
Cheers,
Philipp

Attachments

• M42_Vespera.jpg
    M42_Vespera.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Rosetta_Vespera_HDR.jpg
    Rosetta_Vespera_HDR.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Brad, more than happy to show your guys a couple of pics.
A selection can be found here Philipp Weller's gallery
Two of the most recent ones are attached :)
Cheers,
Philipp
Wow! So clear thst it looks like it's computer generated. Is that enhanced by computer, or does it look like that naturally? You must use a very nice telescope and camera. Impressive and beautiful.

Wow! So clear thst it looks like it's computer generated. Is that enhanced by computer, or does it look like that naturally? You must use a very nice telescope and camera. Impressive and beautiful.
Thanks very much - the image from Orion's nebula (Messier 42) is indeed natural color, mainly dominated by the H-alpha emission, while the Rosetta nebula is in the so called Hubble palette based on narrow band data.
To be honest, I have 8 scopes and 5 astro cameras - it is somehow the same disease as having multiple audio setups :D
...I hope my wife does not read this

Thanks very much - the image from Orion's nebula (Messier 42) is indeed natural color, mainly dominated by the H-alpha emission, while the Rosetta nebula is in the so called Hubble palette based on narrow band data.
To be honest, I have 8 scopes and 5 astro cameras - it is somehow the same disease as having multiple audio setups :D
...I hope my wife does not read this
Well, it's incredible photography. I can see why you're into it.

Beautiful pictures Philipp. I shared your site with an EE friend that is also an avid astronomer.

I to have a background in woodworking. Antique restoration and custom furniture.

Beautiful pictures Philipp. I shared your site with an EE friend that is also an avid astronomer.

I to have a background in woodworking. Antique restoration and custom furniture.
Thanks very much Brad!
Oh nice, I am about to start restorating my great grandfathers woodworking bench. Are you building own furniture as well?

I have built a lot of furniture in our home.
Latest project I am currently working on is a nightstand for a 2 year old grand niece.

Upgraded my computer and it won't attach photos. I have a new project. I hate computers.

Philipp, Greetings

Welcome to the forum.

I should be more attentive to new members but just check in now and then as although I do not possess any woodworking skills (but much respect to those that do have the skills) I also try to avoid computers as I find myself wasting time on them. Also I have to delete 100 emails to the two or three I would be interested in opening.

In any event I loved my tour of Germany and wish to God I could get back to Munich, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and the beautiful Bavarian Alps.

Best and Prost!!!!!!!!

Night stand for the grand niece.
Now I need to paint it white. Then rough sand and scrap areas to let the walnut show through. It needs to look like her current bed that has that finish on it. I doubt they used walnut but I had scraps in the shop.

I would like to see pictures of your Great Grandfathers work bench. Please post some pics when you get time.

IMG_5161.jpeg

Now I need to paint it white. Then rough sand and scrap areas to let the walnut show through. It needs to look like her current bed that has that finish on it. I doubt they used walnut but I had scraps in the shop.

I would like to see pictures of your Great Grandfathers work bench. Please post some pics when you get time.

View attachment 24843
Oh wow, this is a nice piece of woodworking, I am impressed, this is perfect work - are you giving classes? :)
I will post a pic as soon as I pull it out of the garage storage - I just got myself an Arbortech Turboplane to level the bench surface (to which I wasn't nice as a boy...)

I built mine in the early 1980's. The top is from Maple. 3" thick with threaded rod running through it.
I hand planed it flat with a 16" plane. A lot of time and sore mussels. Fortunately I was much younger then.

View attachment 24843
A shame to be painting over that!

Back