spikes and wood floor

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerius007

Reaction score
Simple question...

I have cherry wood floors and do not want to damage them with the spikes. I also want to have my Vistas setup correctly so are there any ideas or will I just have to sacrafice one or the other?

I had the same thoughts about the granite, but does it defeat the purpose of having spikes when the granite isnt on spikes? If I have the granite on rubber feet or felt wouldnt it be the same as having the speakers on rubber or felt?

I had the same thoughts about the granite, but does it defeat the purpose of having spikes when the granite isnt on spikes? If I have the granite on rubber feet or felt wouldnt it be the same as having the speakers on rubber or felt?

It probably would not be the optimal way to use the spikes, but it would probably be better than just setting the speakers on the floor w/o anything more substantial...

I have tried Spike on wood, spikes into floor protectors, and these new spike bars in all three secnarios.

With the spikes on my floor bass was tighter than with out. I still had a lack of definition as the floor still picked up too much. When I had the speakers on the grantie with out the spike it was better thatn the floor however once I use the spikes on the Granite everything became very tight. Listening to Cafe Blue before and after the spikes and granite was very telling. Prior to the changes the bass notes rumbled you could not hear him picking....after i could sear i was right beside and the definition of the notes were dead on.

James regarding the granite, it is not polished on the bottom and if i push it around I am sure it will mark the old floors however because of the finish it sits very solidly in one plance and I am able to move the speakers (on the spikes) around on the granite top. BTW in my present room I have the luxury of not having to worry about marking the floors since we will be renovated sometime in the next year.

Check out previous thread

If you want some past discussion on this item, goto "search" tool at top of page, punch in my user name "Gordon Gray", select "advance mode" and click "go". A menu will appear, punch in my user name again on the top / right side of page, select "search all open forums" and click "search now". Open "Just spiked my summits" on Page 2 dated 10/10/06. Hope that helps.

GG

Last edited:
If you want some past discussion on this item, goto "search" tool at top of page, punch in my user name "Gordon Gray", select "advance mode" and click "go". A menu will appear, punch in my user name again on the top / right side of page, select "search all open forums" and click "search now". Open "Just spiked my summits" on Page 2 dated 10/10/06. Hope that helps.GG
Or, you could click here. :D :D

How about using coins under the spikes? It's an old trick and cheap too
Depends exactly on what denomination coins you'll use (x8). Gold coins are softer and will impress your friends, lol)

Last edited:
I bought them off ebay, for $31 shipping included.

Attachments

• spike holders.jpg
    spike holders.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 194

Latest posts

Back