speaker wire

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The speaker wire is more important that the interconnects

as a 'general statement' I disagree............ IMO, the fundamental qualities of cable mfg being important as they are makes those cables conducting small amounts of voltage (ie phono interconnects) very important. Basically it comes down to synergy throughtout ones entire set up IMO.

in so far as speaker cable (and this has been stated many times before) , the low capacitence qualities of 'Signal Cables' offerings play very well with our Logans.

Completely agree Fox, by what I understand alot of other cables out there are the 4S11 dressed to kill along with a price increase that does nothing for performance.

Would anyone care to comment on the signal cable silver cables vs the 'non-silver' cables? I read up on the silver - and I see that it is a mix of silver and copper... Just wondering if you could comment on the sound of the silver vs other speaker cable that you have? They look like very nice speaker cables.... thanks tim.

Would anyone care to comment on the signal cable silver cables vs the 'non-silver' cables? I read up on the silver - and I see that it is a mix of silver and copper... Just wondering if you could comment on the sound of the silver vs other speaker cable that you have? They look like very nice speaker cables.... thanks tim.

I have the Ultras (non-silver) and they really are nice. They don't seem to add anything to the music, extremely neutral. I've had mine for a few years. Can't speak to the silver although I would guess they would be a tad brighter.

I really hate my new wyred 4 sound mono's, I just got them yesterday but have been too busy crying about selling my primaluna's to post my impressions. I really hate them matt, the sound is dry and bright with hardly any bass

I really hate my new wyred 4 sound mono's, I just got them yesterday but have been too busy crying about selling my primaluna's to post my impressions. I really hate them matt, the sound is dry and bright with hardly any bass

pmed ya...sorry to hear but not hijacking OP :)

Fwiw. I have heard online they need some break in. But what primaluna did u have? Totally on the opposite sides of the planet I would think. And to stay on topic - if anyone can expound on the diffs between signal cables silver vs ultra that would be cool. :).

Fwiw. I have heard online they need some break in. But what primaluna did u have? Totally on the opposite sides of the planet I would think. And to stay on topic - if anyone can expound on the diffs between signal cables silver vs ultra that would be cool. :).

Post #25 sir

Hola. This is what my ears tells me regarding silver and copper. Silver, better resolution, great depth, wide sound stage, crisper cymbals. Copper, deeper bass, and the lower mid-range with voices is outstanding. Very good with the stage, and not to good as silver for resolution. Depending of the brand, you can adjust the timbre of the instruments. To me, silver is easier with this respect. I mixed silver and copper, and I think that did solve my problem. My power amp interconnects are silver plated by Nordost, and the speaker cable too.Those last, are blue heaven. From my DAC,I use DH labs. From my pre-amp to my harmonic recovery system, I use copper by Custom House. All the above, does not means that you should use the same combination. Happy listening.

flip me, let them run in a bit and they will be fine I`m sure

Latest posts

Back