Speaker Cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wings

Reaction score
Is there a favorite speaker cable for the ML's;
Summit in particuliar?

I have access to a new pair of bi-wired Audioquest Rockefellar cables for a very nice price...guys/gals?
The cables are available right now, my summits won't be here til mid June, so I won't be able to give them a listen on my 'new' speakers!

Last edited:
Is there a favorite speaker cable for the ML's;
Summit in particuliar?

I have access to a new pair of bi-wired Audioquest Rockefellar cables for a very nice price...guys/gals?
The cables are available right now, my summits won't be here til mid June, so I won't be able to give them a listen on my 'new' speakers!

Send them to me... I'll test them for you... ;).

Nonono- you already have cables send'em to me- I have MLs on the way but no cables.... :(
Nik

OK you win for now but summits will be mine soon (would be sooner but i have to buy a shiny round thing for the girlfriend- could buy summits with that money ;) )

OK you win for now but summits will be mine soon (would be sooner but i have to buy a shiny round thing for the girlfriend- could buy summits with that money ;) )

Not to worry... surely GF>Summits anyday!

Wings, welcome. You will get no consensus on speaker cables or interconnects. What sounds best is so listener and system dependent that it is impossible to predict whether the Audioquests you covet will work. That said my system is Summit based and I use Audioquest interconnects between my CD player and preamp (Sky) and between my phonostage and preamp (Cheetah) and I like them alot.

I use AQ Mont Blanc single-wired (waste of money to bi-wire Summits)between my Summits and ARC Ref 110. I find they are fine. There are probably better, but at what cost? You'll probably draw similar conclusions with your choice.

I currently have simple DIY cables, and was considering getting some anit-cables from http://www.anticables.com/

Anyone have experience with these? I read the posts I found with a search of the forum, but there were only a few posts that mentioned them.

Mike

GregLett has these cables and he likes them very much. I think he replaced a pair of Nordost Blue Heavens with them.

As for me, I dont use anything great.... just a pair of 12g generics that I feel do a fine job. This summer/fall, I'll build my own based on Canare or some other geometry.

Many people sez that Transparent Ultra is a good match for Ml-Summit with Krell amps. I am yet to try that. Currently I am using Biwire cable Q10 from DH labs. Quite OK compared to MIT Terminator 2 (Bi-wire)

Not to worry... surely GF>Summits anyday!

Not sure about that! LOL! Been married to the same woman for 18 years, get the Summits! LOL! Just kidding, if you find the right one it is worth all the money in the world! The problem is you never know if they are the right one till you give'em a ring to find out!

GOOD LUCK!

Many people sez that Transparent Ultra is a good match for Ml-Summit with Krell amps. I am yet to try that. Currently I am using Biwire cable Q10 from DH labs. Quite OK compared to MIT Terminator 2 (Bi-wire)

You will not go wrong with Transparent. Ultras would be ideal. The Supers are amazing as well.

GregLett has these cables and he likes them very much. I think he replaced a pair of Nordost Blue Heavens with them.

Anthony is running Nordost (I think Blue Heavens) on his new MLs (I think Vantages). and seems to like them a lot.

I am running Nordost Solar Winds on my Sequels, and they are the best-sounding cables I've had yet. There seem to be a lot of folks who like Nordosts with ML's--they just have a really "fast" sound to them...

--Richard

As for me, I don't use anything great.... just a pair of 12g generics that I feel do a fine job. This summer/fall, I'll build my own based on Canare or some other geometry.

These cables are great. I actually replaced a full set of AudioQuest cables for them. I've played with a lot of cables and I find these to be excellent
they just let the music through.

These cables are great. I actually replaced a full set of AudioQuest cables for them. I've played with a lot of cables and I find these to be excellent
they just let the music through.

Thanks, GregLett.
Your system was one of the ones I saw that had anti-cables. I plan to get 1 set for the panels and keep the DIY cables for the woofers...for now.
Do you have 2 sets (panel and woofer)?

Thanks, GregLett.
Your system was one of the ones I saw that had anti-cables. I plan to get 1 set for the panels and keep the DIY cables for the woofers...for now.
Do you have 2 sets (panel and woofer)?

Actually I have one set, with anti jumpers. I could hear no improvement
running two sets. Get a pair of jumpers (they are cheap) when you get your
cable and see how you like it. Connect the cable to the panel terminals and
jump down to the woofer.

Anthony is running Nordost (I think Blue Heavens) on his new MLs (I think Vantages). and seems to like them a lot.

I am running Nordost Solar Winds on my Sequels, and they are the best-sounding cables I've had yet. There seem to be a lot of folks who like Nordosts with ML's--they just have a really "fast" sound to them...

--Richard

Yes, I do have the Nordost Blue Heavens, both the speaker cables from my Sunfire Cinema Grand amp to the Vantages, and the Blue Heaven interconnects from my CD player to the preamp. I like Nordost because they are fast, yet they handle anything thrown at them without a sweat. The way I like to describe is they get out of the way and pass the music from source to speakers with minimal negative effect. Very clean and authoritative.

I've not heard anti-cables, but the people who own them do seem to rave about them. I don't believe I've read a negative review of them yet. I would at least try the Nordosts if you can before deciding. Fast cables, fast panels... I think you get the idea. Have fun deciding!

Anthony

A bit in doubt. When I bought my demo Aeon I they didnt come with jumpers, should they ?
Anyway, I use solid core, normal shielded installation cable between amp and speakers, and as jumpers.

Right now I am running a pair of proto type cables that have multiple strands of Teflon coated wires .They are hand made from a audio guru in Chicago . He may take them to market . They are the best wires I have had in my system. The smaller individual strands seem to do the best with my Krell and Logan's .

Back