Speaker cable length

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your input.
I realise there probably will be marginal differences.
Nevertheless; as we're also dealing with psycoacoustics (..!) I've decided to turn my 3 + 6 meter into 2 x 5 meter.

...only that this will turn the topic towards "how to coil the surplus length..." How many coils and clock- or counterclockwise?

Just joking!
Thanks again

The only correct way to coil speaker cable is clockwise (counterclockwise will obviously screw up the musical timing). ;-)

The only correct way to coil speaker cable is clockwise (counterclockwise will obviously screw up the musical timing). ;-)

Don't forget this is also hemisphere dependent. Coil with the rotation of water in your drain. You might end up with toilet bowl frequency distortion upon flushing.

I thought that coiling was not advisable as it makes the music go snakey!

Seriously, though, I always thought that you had to lay out the extra length going side to side (hard to describe).

Last edited:
Don't forget this is also hemisphere dependent. Coil with the rotation of water in your drain. You might end up with toilet bowl frequency distortion upon flushing.

I hate it when that happens. But I found out that it can be corrected by flushing upside down.

Back