Sonus Faber Sadness

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Just found out that my shipment of Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors to the buyer did not come out unscathed.

Apparently, fedex decided to.... ahem..... somehow lose one of the packages!!

Good thing it was the factory stands they lost, and not the speakers themselves.... or I would've been ****ed!

The buyer and I are working it out with fedex, but most of the recon effort is undertaken by the dealer who sold me the speakers initially.... so the outlook looks good, according to my dealer as he has done this several times in the past.

It was insured. The only thing this thing is taking from us is time.... but hopefully it will be resolved.

Joey

Although all of this might cause us to be upset I think it would be wise to think of all the positives that we all have in life. It could always be worse...

I've had this happen with an ebay shipment (Definitive Tech center speaker) through the USPS. Have you given it enough time? Eventually my shipment was delivered to the new owner, but it took some time and I never really got an answer to what happened.

It happens more than you would think. Fedex has damaged a few pieces, most recently my Krell, which they managed to drop hard enough to cause the terminals to poke holes in the INNER box. (It is now in Krell's hands for a checkup).

You will have to fight hard with Fedex to get them to pay up. I have friends at UPS and Fedex both, and the inside dirt is the Fedex employs people just to deny claims initially. They work alot like an insurance company, and figure most won't bother to take it any further after the initial denial. The thing that stood out to me was you mentioned the buyer and you are working it out with Fedex. Fedex won't deal with the receiver unless it was billed to his account. In any other case they will only deal with the shipper, and thus only pay the shipper. Fedex absolutely sucks when they have to pay out a claim. Be prepared for a fight unless your a blessed individual (and those SF's aren't something they will want to pay for without one). Best of luck! (Oh when they damaged some old ML's I bought once, it took wel over 45 days to get them to pay, and then they paid the seller, who renigged on reimbursing me, so I got screwed royally).

It's not that big of a deal because the dealer has a fedex account and has good ties with fedex.... and has experience with the claims department.

It sucks for the buyer though.... he's gotta wait it out.

Ah well, this is the risk with all shipments I suppose.

Joey :)

Wondering if DHL is such a good deal

DHL called, one of my Vantages arrived in Denver and will be delivered Thursday morning. The other box is missing and no one can seem to locate it so far. Sucks!

Lee

DHL called, one of my Vantages arrived in Denver and will be delivered Thursday morning. The other box is missing and no one can seem to locate it so far. Sucks!

Lee

This is too depressing!!! I can't stand using any of these shipping companies. I ordered my descenti's at two different times and one came via Roadway while the other came UPS. The one that was brought in by the freight company looked so flawless and the other unit delivered by UPS looked like they drug it behind the truck all the way from Lawrence :mad:

On the bright side... That's a bad @$$ new center speaker you got there :devil:

Man... all these shipping horror stories!

Fedex says that they will be deciding on what to do by the end of the week.... hopefully they'll do the right thing and accept the claim and the insurance for $480 for the stands.

Joey :eek:

Good luck to everyone on the recent shipping woes. The companies have to be more careful!!!

Back