Some Thoughts on new ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocobob

Reaction score
Thought I share some thoughts on my new Vistas. First off they are quite amazing.I have listen to ML's for years but the Vistas are my first one to have in house due to the sale.Quite a deal.They are picky though on placement as most know.Thanks to many here who help with pointers.I have hardwood floors with a huge rug in front and couch and recliner in 12x17 room with my setup at one end of the short wall.Equipment and TV stand in between.I tried many placement spots.Used the spikes as roberto suggested.Even moved the TV rack to a side wall to see how the ML's sounded with out anything between them.I did not like the spikes.Took to much low end away for me and punch.Many say far away from the back wall is best'I found 2ft from wall to panel and even a littel closer better.They had more mids and bass and still had that great transparency we all like and imaging.Not having anything between sound a littel better but not worth the effort.I found racking to 90 degrees not to my liking,Stock rake sounded better.So my current position is 23in from panel to back wall and stock rake on the round feet'seems to give better bass and mids than spikes.And kept the rack in between.My new Music Hall integrated is really doing the job.Never gets hot and just purrs along.I am at about 40 hours breakin.I just got a new ML dynomo sub to try.I was using a old paridigm sub but was quite nasty.Still just using 12g copper wire'Will try bi wire soon when I get some extra cash.Thanks for all the help.Bob

Thought I share some thoughts on my new Vistas. First off they are quite amazing.I have listen to ML's for years but the Vistas are my first one to have in house due to the sale.Quite a deal.They are picky though on placement as most know.Thanks to many here who help with pointers.I have hardwood floors with a huge rug in front and couch and recliner in 12x17 room with my setup at one end of the short wall.Equipment and TV stand in between.I tried many placement spots.Used the spikes as roberto suggested.Even moved the TV rack to a side wall to see how the ML's sounded with out anything between them.I did not like the spikes.Took to much low end away for me and punch.Many say far away from the back wall is best'I found 2ft from wall to panel and even a littel closer better.They had more mids and bass and still had that great transparency we all like and imaging.Not having anything between sound a littel better but not worth the effort.I found racking to 90 degrees not to my liking,Stock rake sounded better.So my current position is 23in from panel to back wall and stock rake on the round feet'seems to give better bass and mids than spikes.And kept the rack in between.My new Music Hall integrated is really doing the job.Never gets hot and just purrs along.I am at about 40 hours breakin.I just got a new ML dynomo sub to try.I was using a old paridigm sub but was quite nasty.Still just using 12g copper wire'Will try bi wire soon when I get some extra cash.Thanks for all the help.Bob

Bottom line is, no matter what others suggested or advised, your placement, your set up, your ears matter the most. Well, at least you have the option and space to move things around to experiment and have found the best arrangement. I dont even have that option :)

Happy listening.

Make sure to re-evaluate rake angle and placement after 100-200 hrs or so. The bass will deepen noticeably if they are anything like the Vantage was for me

coco, thanks for sharing...but a word of advice.....sentence structure and paragraphs make life much more enjoyable ! .... ;)

Back